Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folk metal

• 14-12-2006 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Had a quick look at the first few pages, couldn't find any threads on this. Does anyone like folk metal? A friend of mine introduced me to Skyclad a while ago, they are pretty good! I was thinking of breaking out the fiddle and jam with some friends. Here's a video for Thinking allowed

Opinions?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

would blood or whiskey be folk metal?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Mael Mordha always impress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

would blood or whiskey be folk metal?
    Never heard them, what do they sound like? Folk metal is basically mixing folk instruments and style/influence with metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Cruachán are a pretty good example of Irish folk metal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Little Dead Bertha, and Nevid are two superb folk metal bands from Russia, Nevid having a more Black metal sound, and Little Dead Bertha being more alogn thel ines of death metal, but both heavily folk influenced, and superb. Another vote for Cruachaun here too, excellent mix of black metal and folk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement