Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto 1.2 '00 radio troubles

Options
  • 14-12-2006 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

so ive just gotten a Fiat Punto 1.2 '00 and the radio is a piece of ****. the fm radio just loses all reception for no reason and the face plate light has stopped working.

any body else had this trouble, and is it fixable or should i just get a new radio??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

so ive just gotten a Fiat Punto 1.2 '00 and the radio is a piece of ****. the fm radio just loses all reception for no reason and the face plate light has stopped working.

any body else had this trouble, and is it fixable or should i just get a new radio??

Try checking the connections at the rear of the head unit. One of these could simply be loose.

To be honest after market car radio head units are pretty cheap these days. The likes of Aldi sell reasonably priced MP3 readable head units these days too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

As bazz26 said, now a days is cheaper to replace the radio than get it fixed.
    A new Panasonic cd player wouldn't cost you more then 89.00 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The was a batch of Blaupunkt units in some FIAT/Alfa with awful problems. I remember lots having to be replaced for spitting out CDs. The one in my dad's van lost the screen. It's not a panel problem if I remember rightly, cos they switched a few around. There's a problem in the head unit that blocks the display I think, but that might be a different problem than yours

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭easy_as_easy

no that sounds like mine alright its a piece of **** blaupunkt. the speakers are starting to crackle now as well. ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Most likely a Blaupunkt Grenoble or Laussanne model. Just get a new stereo, and don't forget to swap the wiring on the plug so that it actually turns off with the car!

item149196924_blaupunkt_grenoble_rd169_rds_4x40_w_cd_tuner.html#photo

• Advertisement
Advertisement