Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bf2 server browser

Options
  • 14-12-2006 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

What server browser do you use for bf2? The ingame browser is awful, and allseeingeye doesn't seem to be working for me. I refuse to use gamespy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

http://www.qtracker.com/
    The best by far its free and no spyware

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

Xfire is another good one...

www.xfire.com

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Qtracker is probably the best that there is for BF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Thanks for the suggestions. I downloaded qtracker and I like it! One question though: Do I need to do something special to get the region filter to work? I've tried selecting US-only, but it still lists servers from all over the planet... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Qtracker is all I use, tried xfire and didnt like it that much. There are region filters on the qtracker forms iirc. They also have tutorials on how to make your own filters.

• Advertisement

And get all your Qtracker BF2 fiilters here : http://www.qtracker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=610

filter_pack.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

TBH I only use ingame, it works fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

yea - same here -

Usually, my server list has between 10-20 zero-ping servers...

I don't fully understand though how when I connect to one of these, my ping can go up to between 40-150 (some of which I get kicked from)...

Anyway - ingame browser is grand for me.

I don't fully understand though how when I connect to one of these, my ping can go up to between 40-150 (some of which I get kicked from)...

Because the ingame browser doesn't work properly and those 0-ping servers aren't really 0 at all. As you said, they could range from 40 to 150.....

The advantage of an external browser is that it allows you to find online friends, have a favourite servers listing that works properly and be able to filter servers based on map rotations/country of origin, etc...

I've nothing against people who use the internal browser but no one can ever argue that it's better than external ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Ponster, I don't seem to be able to get those filters to work... I expand one of the folders, say, maps... I expand Classic BF2, and then check Dalian Plant. What's supposed to happen? Because my server list seems to change a bit (some servers move up or down, some disappear, some appear), but the servers still seem to include all maps, including Dalian Plant.

The same goes for choosing other filters, like password. The list seems to "refresh" itself a tiny bit, but there are still passworded and unpassworded servers in the list, regardless of my settings in the filter... :(

Am I missing something really obvious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

TBH I only use ingame, it works fine for me.

yeah works fine for me in regular bf2 but not in special forces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 johnpap36

So, these programs (Xfire, qtracker, etc) work like ICQ?

Another question: Do I have to pay to login to these servers?

I am not experienced player, that's why I make very silly questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

qtracker is actually so good! I swear it finds alot of 20 ping servers which I love and you can just click connect now and it passes all the login screen and everything its great!! Its got a friend option to where you can add friends and see where there playing!

You dont have to pay! Or atleast ive never paid to get into a server lol!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Qtracker is a good program that just needs a bit of fine tunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

DeafVision wrote:
    qtracker is actually so good! I swear it finds alot of 20 ping servers which I love and you can just click connect now and it passes all the login screen and everything its great!! Its got a friend option to where you can add friends and see where there playing!

You dont have to pay! Or atleast ive never paid to get into a server lol!

I can't remember what my password is for logging in......it's been filled in automatically fo so long, I can't remember!:o

Advertisement