Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your dream case!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

This was my dream....just took a few hundred hours work to get it done :)

Click for bigness..
    137.852.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

hopeful wrote:
    This was my dream....just took a few hundred hours work to get it done :)

Click for bigness..
    137.852.th.jpg

That was a brilliant job. Very interesting to read. :)

HavoK wrote:
    That was a brilliant job. Very interesting to read. :)

:: pimp mode on :::

my new project is HERE I'll try to make it as interesting

::: Pimp mode off :::

Back on thread topic....my fave case unmodified is still the P180

322567.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

hopeful wrote:

Looks good...spent awhile reading through that and then wandered onto one of unklerosclos threads. And....nice cat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

hopeful wrote:
    :: pimp mode on :::

::: Pimp mode off :::

Back on thread topic....my fave case unmodified is still the P180

322567.jpg

Great work hopeful.

I've just ordered a P180 for my first build - let's hope i get it delivered before crimbo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Hmm probably the Silverstone TJ09 for it's good internal design & sleek external looks. So expensive though at over €270 euro.

FRONT-VIEW-1.jpgLNSIDE-STRUCTURE.jpg

tj09-15.jpg

With the Akasa Ecplise-62 as the runner up (my current case) not great looking externally but bags of expansion space internally.

Worth a mention in third place the Lian Li PC-V1200Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Heres a picture of the inside of my P180B... I love her ;)

25.JPG

Getting real close to my perfect of having the inside of a case filled with nothing but one big heatsink :D

But the P180 is far from my perfect case. It would be as small as a shuttle, as cooling as phase and as silent as a whisper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Hopeful, I read all about your case on those bit-tech forums a while ago. Lo and behold, I was surprised enough to find that not only were you in Ireland, but you were in the same town as me! :)

Anyway, if anyone hasn't checked out that thread yet, you certainly should. Very cool and interesting read.

On a totally unrelated note, I would also side with Hopeful on the P180b for favourite unmodded case. Then again, I like 'em simple (insert bad pun here)... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

well she's probably not be dream case..but its the one ill be getting just after christmas because its in me budget.. :D

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=323083

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I want this for Xmas :D

179_1_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

:d

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

HOLY CRAP Hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

I bought the Gigabyte Aurora in black, I have to say its a class case, tons of room and well thought out.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=311890

zappb wrote:
    HOLY CRAP Hopeful!

Ermm.....I'm really not sure what this relates to? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nice stuff there hopeful, me..well something cheap and simple to match my keyboard and mouse. :)

11-144-132-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I got the Gigabyte Poseidon from Komplett, it's Black and Silver Aluminium. Which is nice, because most of my desktop hardware is also Black & Chrome. The case has a cutout, and they give you either a Black Aluminium Mesh, or a Perspex Window to put there. The interior of the case is flood lit in blue, it has water cooling prep work there, and finally, it has a projector on the front, that allows you to put in your own slide and project the slide onto the floor in Blue. Savage!

ned78 wrote:
    I got the Gigabyte Poseidon from Komplett, it's Black and Silver Aluminium. Which is nice, because most of my desktop hardware is also Black & Chrome. The case has a cutout, and they give you either a Black Aluminium Mesh, or a Perspex Window to put there. The interior of the case is flood lit in blue, it has water cooling prep work there, and finally, it has a projector on the front, that allows you to put in your own slide and project the slide onto the floor in Blue. Savage!

Give us a picture or three then! :D

Am, I'd love to ... but I'm still finalising the workstation, I'll release the beast on boards soon :-) Details are :

Gigabyte Poseidon Black & Chrome case with Blue lighting
    Dell 30" Widescreen Black & Chrome
    Black Logitech G15 with Blue Lighting
    Black Microsoft Habu gaming mouse with Blue lighting
    Black & Chrome Microsoft VX-3000 Webcam

Serious hardware spec inside, and this ridiculously big desk. The plan is to have a monster gaming/photo editing/recording studio setup. I've the desk filled with my rack music equipment, and I'm waiting on a mixer, and a USB Piano Keyboard for playing music into the lot. So as soon as the rest of the stuff arrives, I'll post some photos then :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ruu, you buy that case and i shall leble you as a chav 4 live

That is one nice BIG desk. Doubt my other half would appreciate having it in the kitchen tho :D

• Advertisement

Thanks hopeful, fingers crossed it'll be worth it when you see the finished product though! This thread can go back on topic now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

My orange fuzzy case :)
    I uploaded pics a few years ago, they should be here someplace.
    Tis the best case ever.
    Case itself is so old, its form factor isn't even AT.
    Its around 25 years old and it has eves and a mouth...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

anti wrote:
    ruu, you buy that case and i shall leble you as a chav 4 live

a geek nack i dont think so ...............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I have this coming next week. Some people reckon it's plain looking, but the aluminium is pure quality and it looks really well in the flesh. Notice the venting on the sides for airflow and sidefan for cooling a G80 SLI setup :) Also, will take 2 psu's. Just have to work out the best fan configuration for cooling with a Tuniq Tower.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9231/pcg70bbch9.jpg
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/8717/lianlipcg70b4wh7.jpg
    http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9643/lianlipcg70b3cr1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I think that case looks classy. As I mentioned in another thread, there's nothing worse than a "blinged out" case with neon and lights and Honda symbols and spinning rims and flaming dragons and an enormous, slowly rotating phallus that bleats "KOMMPEWTER! KOMMPEWTER!" every 13 seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Heh...heh...I agree entirely. I hate windows, uv lights, etc... Nothing like a classy traditional look that does not age.

deathfunk wrote:
    I think that case looks classy. As I mentioned in another thread, there's nothing worse than a "blinged out" case with neon and lights and Honda symbols and spinning rims and flaming dragons and an enormous, slowly rotating phallus that bleats "KOMMPEWTER! KOMMPEWTER!" every 13 seconds...

Now that's given me a few ideas for my next project :D

Advertisement