Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have my prayers been answered?

Options
  • 14-12-2006 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭

They're playing fúcking Yes now!!! And in the last 40 mins the Hey Joe cover by early Deep Purple and 80s RHCP have been played, nice! I like this DJ!

I criticised when I felt it was due and now I'm complimenting when I feel it's due, well done phantom, I am pleased.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Aquavid

Thanks (this is Steve - I've borrowed another login as I can't remember the password to my own).

Glad you enjoyed the stuff that was played, though it's only fair to say that I also love a lot of the stuff that you really hate (in the other thread, which I've read with great interest btw) - such as CSS etc. I guess that my tastes are very wide-ranging, I would happily get lost for hours in prog rock and classics from the late 60s and 70s, but I'd also avidly buy and play The Chalets, CSS, Long Blondes, etc etc.

(incidently, it made me laugh guiltily when Kylie was mentioned in the other thread, considering that I sneaked her onto the station tonight under cover of Nick Cave's "Death Is Not The End" )

I would guess that you would find John Cadell's Bedrock much to your taste, as he plays quite a wide variety and age-range of rock from 10-midnight weekday evenings, and don't forget The Powerhouse on Fridays 8-10pm, whose brief does include prog-rock and older stuff generally.

And if you care to text in to me on Random Access on Sunday evening 7-9pm, I'll make a Herculean effort to play what you want. Not always possible immediately, but I have been known from time to time to go out and buy stuff to play for people the following week . . some of my favourite albums were acquired that way!

Steve Conway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I've listened to bedrock once or twice with John. He played some good stuff, not mind blowingly amazing, but it's the best non-speciality show on Phantom I think.

I'll tune in on Sunday, I've heard Random Access a few times, think there were a few nice songs played all right(Might have requested Teen Age Riot by Sonic Youth last time, can't remember).

Cheers for replying anyway.

-Jimmeh

PS. Play Up On the Sun by Meat Puppets some time and I'll never complain about Phantom again. :p

Advertisement