Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

As a student.....

• 15-12-2006 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

As a student, my budget isn't exactly very high, and I'd just like to update the old wardrobe a bit, so i could do with a few of everything if you get me.

So what I'm wondering is what there is around Dublin regarding trendy, decent looking, well made but cheapish clothes.

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

abelard wrote:
    As a student
    As a student, you should not care about fashion or clothes!
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    As a student, you should not care about fashion or clothes!
    ;)

I actually physically look like a hobo though. I've decided to develop some level of self respect!

Don't dress exclusively from one shop, but mix it..

A bit of Penneys, a bit of Dunnes, a bit of TK Maxx, Jack Jones/ Pull & Bear for sale items (very frequently).

Right now, I'm wearing about €30 worth of clothes, but I look clean, and hopefully pretty good.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Second hand shops? or a swap meeting with mates where u swap clothes u dont wear anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

dont suggest a swap meeting with your mates. You'll look like a twat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

depends on if male or female. and its better than looking like a hobo. you could just start taking their clothes. a sock here and there.. gradually building up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Next is quite low priced (afair) and they carry some real nice stuff, pull&Bear, H&M etc are relatively cheap but they've nice stuff. All those stores are in Dundrum Town Centre so go down and have a look around.

Jack Jones seem to always have some special offers on too, again, relatively cheap nice clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Next is horrendously boring, most of H&M's mens' stuff is awful and has been for the last couple of years. Get a pair of jeans in a sale in Jack & Jones - most of the shops are run by different franchisees so there's always a sale on in one - they'll be between e20 and e40 in the sale. Then for tops try Penneys, Jack & Jones and maybe have a look in H&M - even though as stated I think it's poor. Pull & Bear is good value and their sale is especially good. TK Maxx is worth a look as well but for every nice thing there's 20 horrible ones. Some of Tesco's stuff is actually alright but finding it in Ireland is difficult.
    http://www.clothingattesco.com/ManagedStorage/Renderers/Core/Default.aspx?NID=Men&P=ProductBrowseLanding.ascx&CS=Men
    Also have a look in Top Shop and Debenhams sale can be good but a lot of stuff there is bland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Have to agree about Jack Jones; I've found some good bargains in there, and their clothes can be stylish. As for naming other shops, I'm in as need of as much help as yourself :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Recently I was in that shop called Bershka (sp?) in Jervis centre and I was pretty impressed at their prices, especially considering they had stuff a bit more trendy (and imo nicer) than yer bog-standard Next, H&M kinda stuff. I'm also a broke student and need new, fashionable clothes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

Yeah H&M is good for clothes that don't look as cheap as they actually are. You can often get some good stuff in Penneys, but it takes a fair bit of rooting. I only ever buy my jewellery and accessories in the sale because they're things that don't go out of fashion, and they're generally half price in sales.

Advertisement