Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms certificates in Northern Ireland

Options
  • 15-12-2006 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

I live and shoot deers in the Republic of Ireland (mainly fallow with a .243)but am only a couple of miles from the border with Northern Ireland. A farmer has recently approched me to cull deers on his land in northern ireland. I was wondering what are the procedures for getting my rifle lisenced to shoot deer in Northern Ireland? Who do i talk to? What do I need etc.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)
    r1565503

Comments

You can get a temp permit - just download the form from the PSNI.

You will need a sponsor from the North though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 r1565503

cheers lads.
    sorry didnt see that other post.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

I spoke to a friend last night in relation to hunting in NI , his understanding is that the land will have to be inspected and deemed safe to shoot over with the particular calibre you are going to use , this would apply irespective of which side of the border you lived. A phone call to Lishnasharagh would clarify this .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Mods Just a small note , is there any way that a sticky could be put up with importation/licensing guidelines?
    This is a fairly common topic and could benefit from being stickied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I think we're going to have to have an "FAQ/Beginners section" sticky CJ. I'm going to spend some time this christmas dragging stuff together into webpages and then I'll create the thread and post the links. More details later tomorrow, I have a specific idea on this...

Advertisement