Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone out there being made do three exams in one day?

Options
  • 15-12-2006 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I had an exam timetable clash, so the college decided i should do the two exams on the same day at different times as well as a third in the same day. It was outrageous, i was just wondering if there was ne else out there in the same boat, and is there any grounds of appeal if say an certain was to go exactly to plan!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

email assessment@ucd.ie and explain to them the situation cc the email to the College registrar and your relevant programme board. If you dont get a satisfactory response contact the Students Union education officer at sueducation@ucd.ie or your programme officer whos email can be found here. The college has re-scheduled exams in the past at the demand of students so if you act quickly you may get somewhere, if you need any help drop me a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

seeing as you've already done the exams there's not much anyone can do. but make sure that the people marking your papers know what a severe workload you had that day -- with any luck they'll take it into account when marking. your programme office can help you with notifying the relevant lecturers.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

I had three exams on Tuesday, fcuking nightmare!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i gather there's a 'waiting room' to hold the displaced people incognito for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

there is aye.

i like to call it 'quarantine'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

im being kept in 'quarantine' for 3 and a half hours on Monday! what am I supposed to do for 3 and a half hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Villaricos wrote:
    im being kept in 'quarantine' for 3 and a half hours on Monday! what am I supposed to do for 3 and a half hours?

Listen to music?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

yeah i had 3 exams today: 9-11, 12-1, 6-7. i really dont see why everyone is complaining (granted i am only in 1st yr), the schedule of the leaving cert was far more demanding and strenuous

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Erm, 2 of those exams were 1 hour long. 3 of those in one day is doable. Now imagine if you had 3 2 or 3-hour exams scheduled on the one day. That's what people are complaining about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

3rd Geography originally was supposed to have all 3 exams this semester yesterday. Then they changed it to have 2 yesterday and 1 tomorrow morning. Then they changed it back to having all 3 yesterday. Then I found out on tuesday from a friend they had once again changed it to having 2 yesterday and 1 tomorrow evening.

Pack of f*cking idiots, but at least I didn't have to sit all 3 exams in the one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I want a burger now after seeing your sig. >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

Chakar wrote:
    Listen to music?

eh no?

I dont want to be stuck in a room for 3 and a half hours because someone else messed up my timetable. I appreciate they dont want me cheating, fair enough, but Id have no problem having a invigilator buddy for a few hours to keep an eye on me but let me wander around at least. I resent being stuck in a room like some criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Whelo10

Well UCD have managed to screw things up again. The third exam that i did last thurs was a maths exam where i was meant to get a sheet of 90 rules to use with each equation, this sheet was pivotal for doing any of the questions. I never got that sheet and the invigilators said that nothin else had come with the exam, so i went in to see my lecturer and he said it was outrageous that they were makin me do 3 exams in the 1 day in the first place, nd then he was real apologetic about not gettin the sheet. So im being made go in on fri mornin to re-do most of the exam! Talk about outrageous! My lecturer was also sayin that UCD had made a royal cock up with the exams in general

Advertisement