Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCLA undie run..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

in case you've forgotten we're Irish - we don't look like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

We aren't american, and you would never get that many Irish women to run down the streets in their bras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

It would be like that Des Bishop sketch "Ah jaysus, I'm freezin'!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭astfgl

We have the jock walk (Science running around in only labcoats) on Science Day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

DSC_0842_.jpg

Chap to the far left! Thats a pervin face if I ever saw one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I'll do it! Where's me bra and clean knickers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

If they do it at UCLA what odds they do it at UC Davis too? Maybe UCD already HAS a tradition in this...

I do recall once walking to Quinn from Merville and seeing a guy running past me, being filmed by other lads doing a lap of the building... completely naked. I just shouted "well done, you!", and walked on, thinking 'Christ, this is SO much better than boarding school...'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Whats the college that the run completely naked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Chap to the far left! Thats a pervin face if I ever saw one!

Totally!He's actually drooling!:)

I am actually organising something similar to this for UCD. I am organising a positive body image day/week next year and I plan in getting as many people,men and women as possible in their underwear for a big fun photoshoot. Not in a sexual way but to try and make people a bit more confident in their bodies. We dont want tans,toned thigh etc we just want normal,real Irish bodies and for people to be relaxed in their own skin cos Irish people are so body conscious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

panda100 wrote:
    We dont want tans,toned thigh etc we just want normal,real Irish bodies and for people to be relaxed in their own skin cos Irish people are so body conscious!
    That's unfair. So because somebody may be attractive and relaxed in their own skin, they can't do it?
    Are these people abnormal and not Irish or something?

I think inclusion of everyone would be much fairer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I can see that idea going well. Panda there on her own me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

humbert wrote:
    I can see that idea going well. Panda there on her own me thinks!
    I'll be there too!

With a camera, lotion and popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

i vaguely remember seeing photos of some irish girls doing the UCLA one somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Sangre wrote:
    Whats the college that the run completely naked?

Notre Dame used to do it. It was called the Bun Run. Think it took place every year during Rag Week, they'd meet at a spot in the library and run through the college bollock naked. Heard all about it from 2 girls from UND here on exchange this term!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

nobody wants to see me running around in my off-white Yfronts (except the ladies of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

/wink Ferdi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

We aren't american, and you would never get that many Irish women to run down the streets in their bras.

may i just say...THATS IS SO TRUE.....:D
    panda100 wrote:
    Totally!He's actually drooling!:)

I am actually organising something similar to this for UCD. I am organising a positive body image day/week next year and I plan in getting as many people,men and women as possible in their underwear for a big fun photoshoot. Not in a sexual way but to try and make people a bit more confident in their bodies. We dont want tans,toned thigh etc we just want normal,real Irish bodies and for people to be relaxed in their own skin cos Irish people are so body conscious!

IMAO.......

yes...UCD do got lots of irish...but...if tat event like you said will really happen...i m so sure you will piss so many oversea students off...

think ,before you do...and say something out...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Because, amongst other things, it's racist.

Maybe it was your intention or maybe it's just badly worded, but as written above, it's a pretty poorly thought through idea.

Advertisement