Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSc Counselling info please

• 15-12-2006 3:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,
    Just looking for some info for applying for an msc.

I have a 2.2 psych degree (only just), an NUI counselling cert, and some volunteer experience. I plan to apply for an MSC in Counselling Psychology in the coming year. As I understand the competition is tough and with a 2.2 degree I'm in search of anything that might help my chances. Either something to volunteer a little more with or an internship helping with research could be good.

I'm hugely grateful for any info,
    thanks.
    H.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Have you tried the self-help organisations? Aware, OCDIreland, Grow etc....they may want help on helplines, answering queiries, facilitating meetings etc etc. Some psychology depts in the HSEs take on unpaid volunteers. Try getting jobs working with child&adolescents, in mental health (even as a nurses aide), with mental handicap, etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

maybe you could do a diploma/ plc course or something first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hefalump

thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll apply with what i've got and see how far i get. in the mean time i'll try with the hse and mental health jobs. if all else fails a diploma might be the way to go.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 princess27

hefalump wrote:
    Hi,
    Just looking for some info for applying for an msc.

I have a 2.2 psych degree (only just), an NUI counselling cert, and some volunteer experience. I plan to apply for an MSC in Counselling Psychology in the coming year. As I understand the competition is tough and with a 2.2 degree I'm in search of anything that might help my chances. Either something to volunteer a little more with or an internship helping with research could be good.

I'm hugely grateful for any info,
    thanks.
    H.

Just wondering where you are applying for the MSC in Counselling Psychology?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hefalump

to trinity and ucc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement