Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo WII injuries.

• 15-12-2006 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭

I heard an article on the radio last night where they were talking about the amount of injuries that are being reported as a result of the new gaming style brought to us by the Nintendo WII.

I couldnt help but laugh as the reporter said that part of the problem is that the average console gamer wouldnt be the healthiest people in the world, and now they are expected to actively and physically take part in the games. That has led to a lot of people hurting their backs, stretching their muscles in nasty ways and so on.

But the real funny part was the part where they said that a huge number of people seem to get so caught up in the games, they forget that they are in a living room. As a result, when taking that golf swing, or reaching for a high tennis serve, they are smashing lamps and windows, falling over furniture and even punching each other in the face. One report spoke of somebody who actually kicked their dog across the room by accident.

So, be honest. In your own console based adventures, have you done anything stupid? Have you accidentally knocked out your brother or kicked a lamp out the window of your 5th floor apartment?

This link shows some prime examples of WII injuries :)
    http://www.shoutfile.com/v/Ym9b1cgf/Nintendo_Wii_Injuries_Compilation

Could this be Japans sneaky way of taking over the world?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Well mine was auctioned away at the boards beers but im buying another in Jan and i cant wait to play it, but btw this should relay be in the nintindo forum...

Still tho if you read breaking news.ie you will see a story today, nintindo has had to recall 3.2 million wii remote straps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

At least it's not like the fear mongering going on in America... tales of black eyes on wives (not an accident?), bruised grannies and damn kids getting in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Some people just can't hold their Wii :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Lol,

This sounds like marketing hype. People are so into their games they think their somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

• Advertisement

Odd how these seems to happen to Americans..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I was drunkenly demonstrating my Wii to a female friend last weekend and accidentally punched her in the head:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Maybe if the gamers want to avoid serious injury they should take thier pasty selves outside occasionaly,or better yet,get a bloody life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ha. Some funny stuff there in the links. The girl who dislocated her knee...sick.

tman wrote:
    I was drunkenly demonstrating my Wii to a female friend last weekend and accidentally punched her in the head:o

To anyone who doesn't know what a Wii is, that sentence sounds very dirty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Nintendo are recalling the straps in replacement of a "beefier" one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Friend of mine punched the fella standing behind her in the balls when playing bowling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Sparky-s wrote:
    Nintendo are recalling the straps in replacement of a "beefier" one.

Small article and piccy here -> http://www.gaming-resources.com/

Advertisement