Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Armageddon

• 15-12-2006 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

hey all,
    i was catching the brian pillman show last nite and it dawned on me that the next ppv is on this sunday. i have missed the last few weeks of smackdown but before that i haven't really seen anything that resembled a feud. i know kennedy and taker go back abit as does booker and bastista but my question is, are PPVs turning into just normal matches? i checked out the website and straight away the inferno and last ride match popped out but bastista/cena vs finley/booker, i just dont see why that match sort of match is needed.!
    as bad as the D2D was, i liked the concept of the chamber matchl. basically any match that is "special" like the old casket matches, hell in a cell, texas bull rope etc etc. i mean i only watch wwe to be ENTERTAINED as its gone so far off the wrestling course that its the last thing i expect nearly from that federation. for wrestling, TNA, for me, is what i will watch, i just hope they develop it properly.

rant over.!

PS, Briall pillman biography was pretty good. and man could he fly.!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

yeah, I saw that as well, and I was surprised about the PPV, I won't be buying the show anyway.

He really could fly couldn't he

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

yeah Pillman's biography was quite good , never new wnything about him but i am tempted to buy it.

I think the last ride match is a terrible type of match, they should have a buried alive match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I always wondered if he ever would have gotten a push when it was obvious that he would never be able to go for a long match due to injuries, Austin was able to put on a match before his neck issues, he would have been a great foil for Austin, if he was around we mightn't have ever gotten the whole Austin vs. McMahon feud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Only saw a bit of the special about Pillman, but def. gonna check out the whole thing over the weekend.

Never really knew that much about him...was amazed at the bit I did see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah, he was brilliant. Back a couple of years ago when Sky Sports showed the "WWE Classics" on a Thursday evening, they'd show old editions of WCW Worldwide from around 1989, just when Pillman was startin to make a big impression, and himself, Sting and Cactus Jack were easily the best on the show back then

• Advertisement
Advertisement