Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is running the UCD Fashion Show 2007?

Options
  • 15-12-2006 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Does anyone know who is running the Fashion Show this year?

I saw the poster looking for models, but havent a clue who is organising the event or how someone can get involved!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Id say any contact the arts PRO's:
    suarts@ucd.ie

AFAIK the SU doesnt run the fashoin show, but the arts PRO's were at meeings about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fair Bear

Dont know if I spelt it right but go to the chaplaincy you can get their numbers on line if you go to UCD and then to chaplains etc... He is in charge and I'm sure you are more than welcome to help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

ucd fashion show?where?!?!?!?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Just to Clarify i Chris Bond (Arts, human sciences and Celtic Studies PRO) have absolutely nothing to do with the organisation of the Fashion Show nor have i attended any meetings about it. though i think the other Arts PRO Mr Paul Lynam is involved but probably in his own capacity and not as Arts PRo. he can be contacted here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

I want to be a model. And as far as I know Bond wants to be a model aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Just to Clarify i Chris Bond (Arts, human sciences and Celtic Studies PRO) have absolutely nothing to do with the organisation of the Fashion Show nor have i attended any meetings about it. though i think the other Arts PRO Mr Paul Lynam is involved but probably in his own capacity and not as Arts PRo. he can be contacted here
    I think that must be your most used page posting. It means you must be using your contact to more affect then the couple of houses of cards you can find around the eng block :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Just to Clarify i Chris Bond (Arts, human sciences and Celtic Studies PRO) have absolutely nothing to do with the organisation of the Fashion Show nor have i attended any meetings about it.]

Im glad to hear that chris! The auditions are the crulest things I've ever seen and there is no need for that in UCD. There are better ways to raise money for charity that dont involve rejecting and selceting people based on their apperance and then making then making the women of the show prance around in suspenders and bra's. That is not fashion or charity that is sleazy and really degrading

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

panda100 wrote:
    IThere are better ways to raise money for charity that dont involve rejecting and selceting people based on their apperance and then making the women of the show prance around in suspenders and bra's. That is not fashion or charity that is sleazy and really degrading
    Give it a break, will you?

Unless I'm missing something, no one is forcing anyone (that includes both girls and guys) to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

cast_iron wrote:

Unless I'm missing something, no one is forcing anyone (that includes both girls and guys) to do anything.
    And so say all us!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Exactly. If you don't want to do it, don't audition.
    I'm sure you'd be a great model though panda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Pythia wrote:
    Exactly. If you don't want to do it, don't audition.
    I'm sure you'd be a great model though panda.

this would be a good thread to have all the female members from UCD to post their pics up here so that the guys can tell them whether they should audition or not:D

...and if you don't you'r'e banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I actually agree with Panda on this one.

That we should be all asexual beings and ashamed of the bodies God gave us?

Yes. That is exactly what I am saying - now quick Sangre, get thee to a nunnery!

You know, I remember arguing about this around the same time last year when there was going to be a fashion show..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-2054882790.html

Ahh, it's a trip down memory lane. Good times.

But you know as well as I do Sangre, that anyone who likes fashion is a gay.

Umaro wrote:
    But you know as well as I do Sangre, that anyone who likes fashion is a gay.

Wow, you know me so well.

It's probably from all the times we had gay sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Umaro wrote:
    now quick Sangre, get thee to a nunnery!

Ah. Shakespeare's use of irony loses once again.

The Fashion Show, if it goes ahead, will be the exact same as it always is/was. Hopefully some charity will benefit from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

fatal wrote:
    ucd fashion show?where?!?!?!?:D
    the point depot
    Steph_ucd wrote:
    Does anyone know who is running the Fashion Show this year?

I saw the poster looking for models, but havent a clue who is organising the event or how someone can get involved!!!
    link

I may be a little heffed up on Jameson and Coke (im aware its 9:34am) however I just applied for auditons. Mandatory Bebo page on the application....... that just says it all dosnt it.

Anyway Im sure ill get a call from B&L when Im sober and respond with "fashion show, what the fuck are you talking about."

I think I have an alcohol problem

Grimes

• Advertisement

I like the way the charity now has to find a title sponsor. That really shows a big change in attitude since Julian left. Oh well, c'est la vie.

What do you mean Blush? The charity has to do the work of the organisers now?!

The charity has agreed to undertake the responsibility of securing title sponsorship for the event during this time. In return they will be the sole beneficiary of the proceeds from the show until 2009.

It's right here. Sadly. UCD Arts Fashion Show Website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

cast_iron wrote:

Actually it just includes the girls.There is no underwear section for the male models. I have been to each one of the fashion shows and I have never seen male models in the underwear section.
    Also I auditioned and got into the fashion show three years ago.It specifially asked us on the application wether we were willing to to strip if necessary and I wrote no. Two weeks into rehearsals I was told I had to wear these ridiculous tassle things on my nipples...I said no and decided my dignity was worth more then showing my body in the name of 'fashion' and 'charity'.

Anyway...Is anyone thinking of auditioning here on boards?

panda100 wrote:
    Actually it just includes the girls.There is no underwear section for the male models. I have been to each one of the fashion shows and I have never seen male models in the underwear section.
    Also I auditioned and got into the fashion show three years ago.It specifially asked us on the application wether we were willing to to strip if necessary and I wrote no. Two weeks into rehearsals I was told I had to wear these ridiculous tassle things on my nipples...I said no and decided my dignity was worth more then showing my body in the name of 'fashion' and 'charity'.

Anyway...Is anyone thinking of auditioning here on boards?
    So nobody held a gun to your head and said strip? You had the choice to say no?

If some ppl choose to show off their body because they feel they look good or what ever reason its their choice.

Just to put this into perspective panda, my GF saw you a few weeks ago before council and asked how anyone could wear a tiny skirt like yours on a freezing cold night*.

Its a question of drawing lines in the sand as to where things become inappropriate. Some draw it at full frontal nudity, You drew yours at nipple tassles, my GF draws it at mini skirts outdoors in winter.

Just a different perspective, I personally think its funny she doesnt wear skirts in winter, but thats just cos Im used to the irish norm. Come to think of it none of my european friends wear makeup to lectures, they dont see the point.

Im not making an attack on you or anyone else, the last thing I want to do is stop women wearing mini skirts if thats what they choose to do :); just take a step back and see that even if you disagree with ppls choice, so long as it is their choice and they are entitled to make that choice, then so be it. Really, whos to say whats right and wrong?!

*I cant wait to tell her about the fashion show, I didnt know it was that bad at all. Nipples tassles, roffllecoppter, who organises that at all at all; and who actually does it?!

So Panda got kicked out for not wanting to wear the nipple tassles?

(There's a sentence I never thought I'd write.)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

panda100 wrote:
    Two weeks into rehearsals I was told I had to wear these ridiculous tassle things on my nipples...
    *I cant wait to tell her about the fashion show, I didnt know it was that bad at all. Nipples tassles, roffllecoppter, who organises that at all at all; and who actually does it?!
    nokiafashion3.jpg

Which one is panda

Lovly tan on the girl on the far left

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

So nobody held a gun to your head and said strip? You had the choice to say no?

A bit rich to wheel out the tassles after two weeks of rehersals though, wouldn't you think?

Advertisement