Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Cable modem Drivers.. Anyone have them ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I never even heard of drivers for the ntl modem :confused:. All thats there is the coaxial cable from the ntl point on the wall to the modem itself and my ethernet cable.

edit: usb drivers, but why its too slow through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

you can find them on NTL Drivers

they are2 files 1 zip 4.6mb and the other rar 3.9mb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Try the ethernet way, nic card + rj45 cable, a lot faster and no draw on cpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Thanks Nava,

Hi Stanley1: I use an RJ45 cable from my Modem to my PC, but i thought i'd still need drivers to get the modem working >?

Nope,start > control panel > network connections > local area connection > properties > internet protocol (tcp/ip) > properties > obtain ip address automatically + obtain dns server address automatically.

HTH

• Advertisement

Nope,start > control panel > network connections > local area connection > properties > internet protocol (tcp/ip) > properties > obtain ip address automatically + obtain dns server address automatically.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Drivers for ANY modem of ANY Broadband technology only needed for USB. Which is terrible compared with ethernet. Esp if the adaptor and PC deosn't do true USB2.0 speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

ah i see, so i just plug in my modem via my ethernet port, and do as Stanley1 said and it will work ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It'll work. You probably won't even have to restart the pc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

SyxPak wrote:

a whaaaa ?

Advertisement