Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Bar, Balbriggan

• 15-12-2006 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been in that new pub beside Dunnes?

I think it opened a couple of weeks ago.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Yes, I was just there last night. I actually thought it wasn't open yet. We walked over to have a peek in the windows to see how far along it was, and were surprised to discover it was actually open. We went in for a drink, and it was really nice in there. It still has that new smell - paint and varnish! It's not that big, but thinking about it, it's probably just the right size for the area.

There were quite a lot of people in there, one or two at most tables. It struck me as a lovely place for a quiet drink - and it helps that it's so convenient. the bar staff were friendly, and it's definitely a place we'll be going to again.

Edit: PS - it's called the Haven Bar I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Do they do food?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

aniascor wrote:
    Yes, I was just there last night. I actually thought it wasn't open yet. We walked over to have a peek in the windows to see how far along it was, and were surprised to discover it was actually open. We went in for a drink, and it was really nice in there. It still has that new smell - paint and varnish! It's not that big, but thinking about it, it's probably just the right size for the area.

There were quite a lot of people in there, one or two at most tables. It struck me as a lovely place for a quiet drink - and it helps that it's so convenient. the bar staff were friendly, and it's definitely a place we'll be going to again.

Edit: PS - it's called the Haven Bar I think.
    yeah you are right it is called the Haven Bar. Just spotted last night when I was doing the shopping (torture) and it like looked nice alright. Handy to have a pub and bookies so close ;)

I don't know. I didn't see any menus there, but that's not to say they don't do food. It was about 8.30pm when we went there, so they may have been doing food earlier, and just have stopped by then.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

woohoo maybe lego land isn't so bad, pizza and a bar within walking distance!:)

I hadn't noticed that it had opened either,will check it out at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

It's called Hamlet not Haven. I haven't been myself but some friends were there on Saturday and said it was nice.

Oops - you're right - Hamlet not Haven (I must have been getting confused with the hairdressers near the train station!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

I've been in a couple of times, it's quite nice. Looks like there will be a restaurant upstairs and maybe something (function room?) downstairs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

was in it the other day and was quite impressed with the place. nicely done up.

i heard that a lemongrass chinese is to open above it. not sure how true that would be though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

I thought lemongrass was thai? would be great if that was true :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement