Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Biggest Website development companies

Options
  • 15-12-2006 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

The boss just rang me, he wants me to come up with a list of the three biggest and most well known website development companies in Ireland by this afternoon so that we can get our website redesigned asap.

I know the names of one/two, but I've no idea where they stand in terms of size and client list.

Without trying to start WW3, can anyone let me know which companies I should include?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

I have some ideas about who might be the biggest ones but I would definitely not consider them the best. Should you not try to give your boss a list of the best one's (obviously opinions will differ on this) instead.

Bigger isn't neccessarily better!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Spoiltchild
    2Bscene

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I tend to like Spoiltchild's stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Spoiltchild rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

WebFactory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Okay cheers for that, I've come up with a list of four in no particular order

Clearscape, Webfactory, Arekibo, Spoiltchild.

Might be right, might be wrong, but he should get something pretty good from between them.

Thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Stky10 wrote:
    Clearscape

wonder why they were chosen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Ph3n0m wrote:

I don't know, Golden Spiders? One thing with Clearscape's sites is they have a habit of breaking in Firefox. See AnPost's top nav, Colliers Jackson Stops homepage and the alignment of the main div for Gill McMillan. That's sloppy in my opinion, and would stop me from hiring them. I have always been a fan of Spoiltchild's work personally, but I have never actually worked with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Ph3n0m wrote:

Maybe cos they won best agency at the Golden Spiders, i know it doesnt mean as much as it sounds but they must be doing something right.

I have a feeling WW3 is going to break out !!!

grahamor wrote:
    Maybe cos they won best agency at the Golden Spiders, i know it doesnt mean as much as it sounds but they must be doing something right.
    http://www.redcardinal.ie/webdev/06-11-2006/golden-spiders/ covers it in depth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RedCardinal

Serbian wrote:
    I don't know, Golden Spiders? One thing with Clearscape's sites is they have a habit of breaking in Firefox. See AnPost's top nav, Colliers Jackson Stops homepage and the alignment of the main div for Gill McMillan. That's sloppy in my opinion, and would stop me from hiring them. I have always been a fan of Spoiltchild's work personally, but I have never actually worked with them.

They must be reading - An Post seems to render nicely, Gill McMillan looks fine (borderline hidden text in footer - silly), but Colliers Jackson Stops is a disgrace.

Just about sums up the GS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

They must be reading - An Post seems to render nicely, Gill McMillan looks fine (borderline hidden text in footer - silly), but Colliers Jackson Stops is a disgrace.

Just about sums up the GS :rolleyes:

They seem to have fixed an post alright. The Gill McMillan problem isn't all that obvious until you either look at it in IE or scroll to the bottom of the page in Firefox and see the footer in the centre. The whole site is supposed to be centre-aligned.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

Serbian wrote:
    They seem to have fixed an post alright. The Gill McMillan problem isn't all that obvious until you either look at it in IE or scroll to the bottom of the page in Firefox and see the footer in the centre. The whole site is supposed to be centre-aligned.

not sure an post was broken to begin with - I checked it right after you posted the fault and I saw no problems in firefox. the other sites do have the problems you outlined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Stky10 wrote:
    Clearscape

I wouldn't recommend Clearscape. Their designs are generally fairly bland and they tend not to ignore standards, accessibility and best practice. A Golden Spider Award means absolutely nothing when it comes to the quality of the site that you'll get for your buck.
    Stky10 wrote:
    Webfactory

Same as Clearscape.
    Stky10 wrote:
    Arekibo

I find Arekibo are fairly hit and miss. Their design ranges from bland to good and, for a company that sells themselves as accessibility experts, their markup can be suspiciously bad on certain projects.

Stky10 wrote:
    Spoiltchild.

From your list, Spoiltchild is the only company that I would recommend. I would also recommend gravitate and Vital Spark.

Laslo wrote:
    I wouldn't recommend Clearscape. Their designs are generally fairly bland and they tend not to ignore standards, accessibility and best practice.

Do you mean they "tend to" or "tend not to" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

blacknight wrote:
    Do you mean they "tend to" or "tend not to" ?

Sorry, I meant that they tend do ignore standards, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

Laslo wrote:

very nice portfolio

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

There is a Waterford based design firm with one of these in their domain 'data' 'works' 'workz' 'web'

There is a dataworks.ie but that's not them!

Anyway...they're good...whatever their domain is.
    Fully of information so i am.

Advertisement