Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invision IN72

Options
  • 15-12-2006 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

I've been looking at getting a projector recently, instead of buying a TV. Right now I'm living in student accommodation, moving out next year, so I'll probably have to buy some kind of TV at that stage. Since I usually use my laptop for watching movies/programmes than I do my TV, I thought it could be interesting to get a (relatively cheap) projector.

I was looking around the ComputerUniverse.com website (who I've used before for ordering hard drives and other PC components), and they seem to have a good deal on the Infocus IN72. I'll also be able to take 16% off the list price, since I can purchase it as a company. With delivery and without 16% VAT, the total cost comes to €521.

Now, given that I'm completely oblivious to all things projector related, and that I'm a student who really just wants to project a pretty decent sized image on a bedroom wall, is this a good deal/overkill/really bad idea?

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,279 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Absolut wrote:
    I've been looking at getting a projector recently, instead of buying a TV. Right now I'm living in student accommodation, moving out next year, so I'll probably have to buy some kind of TV at that stage. Since I usually use my laptop for watching movies/programmes than I do my TV, I thought it could be interesting to get a (relatively cheap) projector.

I was looking around the ComputerUniverse.com website (who I've used before for ordering hard drives and other PC components), and they seem to have a good deal on the Infocus IN72. I'll also be able to take 16% off the list price, since I can purchase it as a company. With delivery and without 16% VAT, the total cost comes to €521.

Now, given that I'm completely oblivious to all things projector related, and that I'm a student who really just wants to project a pretty decent sized image on a bedroom wall, is this a good deal/overkill/really bad idea?

Any advice is appreciated.

I have a infocus sp4805, the older model of the in72. It's a great projector, get about 7.5 foot picture with 12foot throw. Yeah it's probably overkill, but compared to the price/picture size of tv's it's hard to beat. Pretty compact box and all you need is a wall to point it at. Had mine since jan (paid maybe 650e vat incl for refurb) and its coming up to 600hours on the lamp. The price of bulbs is the big drawback, so if you do get one treat it gently and hope the bulb lasts. The 480p resolution isn't an issue for me, dvds and such look super on it, wouldn't swap it for a 40 something inch plasma. If you have the right room for it it's probably not a bad idea

Advertisement