Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Car for Jan 07

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Lexus1976 wrote:
    Toyota Celica is a lovely car, had a test drive in one this year and somthing just did'nt feel right about it.

You were driving a bad one then! :)
    Lexus1976 wrote:
    Audi TT this is the right car for me, only problem is, i'm living in a bad area and am a bit nervous about it being broken into or stolen.
    Get a tracker, and one of those steering wheel covers, the autoloc one is it? The one that's known to be the best.. can't remember the make, think it's something like autolok or something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Merry Christmas and thanks a million for your advice....looking at cbg.ie and carzone for an Audi TT now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Lexus1976 wrote:

Audi TT Cheaper Insurance and Tax then all the other cars!
    Petrol consumption approx the same as the other cars!

Theres no way on earth that the 1.8T in 180 or 225 bhp from has anywhere near the same fuel consumption as a 1.9tdi A4 or a 320d 3 series. Doing your average urban driving you would be doing well to get 30 mpg, driving conservatively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I reckon you would pick up a nice 2002/2003 BMW 520i Sport (2.2L) in the UK for the €25k. I got a fully loaded 2002 (December 23rd reg) BMW 525i Sport in for €27.5kin March of this year, 51k miles. You should be able to get the 520i Sport nine months later within your budget. Best car I've driven. Recommended.
    A friend of mine is selling a 2001 320D, Calypso Red with Beige leather fo €16k, approx. 90k miles, so shop around when looking.
    Oh yea, watch out for the BMWs though, there are a lot coming in from UK & being clocked as they wear well. Do all your checks, when buying any car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Drove the Audi TT last week, this car is incredibly small...not sure If I could get my golf clubs in the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

Lexus1976 wrote:
    Drove the Audi TT last week, this car is incredibly small...not sure If I could get my golf clubs in the boot.

i had to laugh when i read this that is the exact same reason why i did not buy one and i was in love with them for years, i actually brought my clubs to the dealers and tried to fit them in quite sad i know but its the small things that count. i have now changed my mind and am looking for the right 318CI for under 18k.

Advertisement