Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggies are more intelligent!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I was there a few months ago - I loved it!!! If I were to move from Dublin I would move there.
    Check out the vegetarian "chipper" on the main street, they do a yum falafel!
    I can't think of the name of it at the moment but you can't miss it. What a great city!!! :)

Grazie ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

rediguana wrote:
    Grazie ;)

:D Enjoy it!! Goudi's good and Picasso!
    :( Can I go with you????

:D How long are you going for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

What I don't understand is, if veggies are more intelligent why they can't work out that fish and chicken are animals :confused:

nipplenuts wrote:
    What I don't understand is, if veggies are more intelligent why they can't work out that fish and chicken are animals :confused:

Chicken & all other birds I dont' eat.
    Fish, well it started as a stepping stone to eat fish but not other meats and see how I got on with it, diet wise etc when I became a veggie. I could yet give up fish too..but for the moment I'm doing my bit.
    I've never had the same fondness for fish as I have had for animals either.. might be something to what Kurt Cobain said about them not having any feelings. Actually its a good point to bring up because I've not thought too much about it and perhaps I should consider it & give fish up too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

nipplenuts wrote:

We have worked out that they're animals. That's why we don't eat them.

• Advertisement

Nature Boy wrote:
    We have worked out that they're animals. That's why we don't eat them.

True. I've never heard of a vegetarian eating chicken to be honest, and today at sesamee street, we learned that a "vegetarian" that does eat fish is called a pescetarian, so therefore NatureBoy is correct and very intellegently so.
    We also learned today that pescetarians are very smart.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nipplenuts wrote:
    It's people that are not vegetarian that make the mistake usually, they assme if I am vegetarian that I may eat fish or chicken...

So many pedants on the forum, and a gold star person, like myself. ;)
    If you are interested I am the mod of the private pedantry forum... if you wish to post there, ask for access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

I was there a few months ago - I loved it!!! If I were to move from Dublin I would move there.
    Check out the vegetarian "chipper" on the main street, they do a yum falafel!
    I can't think of the name of it at the moment but you can't miss it. What a great city!!! :)
    Maozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Actaully there's 3 of them in Barcelona, there's the one on Las Ramblas and then there are 2 others on one of the mains streets off that one (towards the old/historic town centre I think)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Chicken & all other birds I dont' eat.
    Fish, well it started as a stepping stone to eat fish but not other meats and see how I got on with it, diet wise etc when I became a veggie. I could yet give up fish too..but for the moment I'm doing my bit.
    I've never had the same fondness for fish as I have had for animals either.. might be something to what Kurt Cobain said about them not having any feelings. Actually its a good point to bring up because I've not thought too much about it and perhaps I should consider it & give fish up too.

whats your principal reason for not eating meat other than fish then? the amount of pain the animal feels at time of death, or the way they are treated while being raised?

whats your principal reason for not eating meat other than fish then? the amount of pain the animal feels at time of death, or the way they are treated while being raised?
    apparently they don't feel that much pain at time of death... apparently..
    .. I won't list all the obvious ones but a lot of my reasoning is to do with the huge ignorance in the world about huge problems that exist that we are blissfully ignorant towards and care so little to learn anything about.. one of those being animal cruelty and the cruelty & inhumanity shown to our fellow human beings in so many third world countries etc etc etc.
    What's your principal reason for asking?

Edited for grammer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Because I'm interested, it wasn't an attack, just curious. Personally I'm not a vegetarian, I read these boards because the way food is created is important to me and I find that vegetarians often care more about this sort of thing than an omnivore.(generalisation alert!)

Anyways, in this country the procedures for killing animals are super super strict and generally I believe that animals feel almost no pain when they are killed, although perhaps others don't agree.

Whats important to me is that the food I eat is treated well when it is being grown, whether it be flora or fauna. So I tend to eat free range/organic meat unless its not possible. Having said that I am of two minds about fish, because of overfishing and the damage that has been done to habitat and issues like that. I eat fish, but I'm not always sure I should if you follow.

so that's all really.

Because I'm interested, it wasn't an attack, just curious. Personally I'm not a vegetarian, I read these boards because the way food is created is important to me and I find that vegetarians often care more about this sort of thing than an omnivore.(generalisation alert!)

Anyways, in this country the procedures for killing animals are super super strict and generally I believe that animals feel almost no pain when they are killed, although perhaps others don't agree.

Whats important to me is that the food I eat is treated well when it is being grown, whether it be flora or fauna. So I tend to eat free range/organic meat unless its not possible. Having said that I am of two minds about fish, because of overfishing and the damage that has been done to habitat and issues like that. I eat fish, but I'm not always sure I should if you follow.

so that's all really.

I think apart from not eating fish, one should try to get involved in some way to try to better the fishing industry. Maybe the Green Party?
    Better than feeling so uneasy about one's diet anyway, i'm sure.

Advertisement