Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No lights at the entrance to Chieftain's Way

Options
  • 15-12-2006 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when they plan to turn on the lights at the entrance to Chieftain's Way? I assume they have been off because of the construction that was going on while they built the four bed and the two new three bed houses.

It's really dark there when you are walking or cycling. Just last night, I got knocked off my bike cycling along there, and while the incident wasn't directly related to the lack of lights, I'd say it didn't help. (And before anyone asks - no, it wasn't my fault, she tried to overtake me while taking the left-hand turn because she assumed I was going the same direction, and she ended up running into the side of me because I was continuing along the main stretch of road. And yes, she had seen me - I had lights on and a reflector band on, and she had been behind me the whole way from the roundabout).

Anyway, does anyone know who can be contacted about getting the lights switched on asap? Is it the county council?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

was this before or after you went to the pub? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

dubmick wrote:
    was this before or after you went to the pub? ;)

HaHa! :p this was at about 5.45pm. If you read my previous post about the pub, you will see I went there at about 8.30pm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It was nearly a year before we got our st lights turned on in Martello towers so don't hold your breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

How long has Chieftain's Way been built now? It thought it was a couple of years old.

Moonbeam - do you know, was it the council who were responsible for getting the lights turned on? Or if your estate has a management company, are they responsible for it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The council apparently.

I don't think our management company does anything at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement