Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Estate Management

Options
  • 15-12-2006 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

I'm a tenant in a house in an estate.
    Last week I have received a letter (actually this form of communication is always just a paper slip with a note and the name of the estate manager, a phone number but no proper address) from the estate management with the note that there is an inspection going on to check the resealing of the silicone in bathroom, kitchen etc. Therefore a company got the master key to have access to the flats and houses if nobody is at home.

Am I dreaming??? Is it a bad movie??? This management is giving someone a master key to sneak around in my flat without me being there or giving permission? I immediately send the management a SMS saying that I do not accept this.

I spoke with friends about this and they told me I should report that management company for this as this would be trespassing and breach of domestic peace or incitement for this.

Where can I report this? Treshold? City Council?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Here's the interesting thing - they may actually be well within their right to do this. It would depend on the actual contracts for the premises. I know from mine, that there is a clause that you must give access to any agent of the management company in performing it's necessary business.

But, what they are trying to do may not be right. Check with the management agent, and check with your resident's association.

You can't report it anywhere, as a notice like that doesn't break any rules/laws.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Contact your landlord and check with Threshold. As Paulw said, it may be in the contracts for the premises but reasonable notice and duty must provided. I would insist on being present during their visit.

Advertisement