Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2142 EA link. HELP!

Options
  • 15-12-2006 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Ok,

One of my lads in IB bought Bf2142 via EA link.

The game ran fine for a while, But now when she tries to run it, "NOTHIN"
    The hour glass rotates as if its trying to do something. but nothing at all happens.

I told her to install DX 9c, delete her bf2142 in her doc and setting folder,
    and still nothing, Just wont start at all.

any of you guys come across this.

Any help appreciated guys.

Thanks Ak

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ok,

One of my lads in IB bought Bf2142 via EA link.

The game ran fine for a while, But now when she tries to run it, "NOTHIN"
    The hour glass rotates as if its trying to do something. but nothing at all happens.

I told her to install DX 9c, delete her bf2142 in her doc and setting folder,
    and still nothing, Just wont start at all.

any of you guys come across this.

Any help appreciated guys.

Thanks Ak

I had this happen once a while back. After a restart of the PC it was back to normal. There's been a recent update of EA Link so reinstalling that may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

I think i may have a fix.
    i wont know till tonight when she trys it,
    But il let yous know,
    )1 Go to your BF2142Pace.exe (or BF2142Launcher.exe if Pace.exe does not work!) file... Right-click on it and select the compatibility tab, and run the program in compatibility mode for Windows 2000...

2) Load the game by clicking on the BF2142Pace.exe file (I presume one needs EA Link going for this, but whatever). Sure now we can load the game, right! Excellent! But then, joining a server gives a "Invalid CD Key" error, and the CD Key fixes that EA has released actually do not work (WTF?)

3) Go BACK to the BF2142Pace.exe file and now UNCHECK the "Run in Compatibility mode" box (so it runs in the normal XP mode). For SOME reason, the game will launch now (?!?) and you can play online. At least this worked for me, and worked for someone else on another forum. I haven't as of yet seen the entire fix in one place yet (hopefully this is it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I got 2142 by EALink, fine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I got 2142 by EALink, fine here.

you bought it?! :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

R0ot wrote:
    you bought it?!
    /me throws piano @ Fairy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

Ok lads this did work:

After much frustration with trying to launch BF2142 after EA updated that damned Link program, I found a solution. Basically before, I would try to launch the game, and I would get a brief hourglass, and then nothing. No game launch, no flicker, no nothing. There was a partial solution on the 'net somewhere, but this is what got it going for me in full. This is a cut and paste from another post in this forum:

1) Go to your BF2142Pace.exe (or BF2142Launcher.exe if Pace.exe does not work!) file... Right-click on it and select the compatibility tab, and run the program in compatibility mode for Windows 2000...

2) Load the game by clicking on the BF2142Pace.exe file (I presume one needs EA Link going for this, but whatever). Sure now we can load the game, right! Excellent! But then, joining a server gives a "Invalid CD Key" error, and the CD Key fixes that EA has released actually do not work (WTF?)

3) Go BACK to the BF2142Pace.exe file and now UNCHECK the "Run in Compatibility mode" box (so it runs in the normal XP mode). For SOME reason, the game will launch now (?!?) and you can play online. At least this worked for me, and worked for someone else on another forum. I haven't as of yet seen the entire fix in one place yet (hopefully this is it!)

Let me know if it works - it does for me now, so if it still doesn't for you, I can at least go over my DirectX versions, etc etc with you all.

EDIT Try this for BF2142Launcher.exe if the Pace.exe doesn't work. Thanks to a few for noting this. I should've noticed this, since indeed this is what I had to do myself at one point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Nope gratis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I got mine free to and I even have a CD in a box.

Advertisement