Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which GameStop?

Options
  • 15-12-2006 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Got a surprise GameStop gift voucher and was wondering which store would be better to use it in... Parkway or Crescent?

The voucher should work in either of them if not any GS store in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Depends on if you're looking for first or second hand items.

If you're looking for a new game or movie, it won't make a difference, but IMO, the Gamestop out in the Crescent has a bigger selection of second hand games and DVD's.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Agree with the above. The crescent however is a bit mad, it being christmas and all that. If it's something new it may be quieter in the parkway one. Can also be a devil getting out of there too though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya i think if your heading to shop just at gamestop go for the parkway
    but if your want to have a look at other shops the cresent is clearly your choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Actually i prefer gamestop at the crescent, i've always felt there was a better choice out there, although i dont get out there very often

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

was in the cresent today
    too packed to move
    gamestop is no exception
    the mothers pushing their buggies making it impossible to get past would drive you up the wall
    i got as drive thru at burger king at the parkway which was full of cars so the gamestop their could of been packed their to maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Thanks for the replies folks. Yep weekends can definetly get busy so close to Xmas, fortunately i got time off and made my move today.;)

Made for the Parkway because i've never been to the GameStop there. Not much of a difference between the Crescent and Parkway in terms of offerings for PC gamers. Some few select items like Neverwinter Nights collectors edition at a reasonable high street retail price.

The interesting part actually happened at the checkout. The person almost accidentally undercharged me by a vast amount (to say the least and thats been generous) until i politely pointed this out. The previous details on the checkout were never cleared out...
    Of course i know plenty of people who would have called me "dumbass" for doing that:rolleyes:, but i think a little honesty can't hurt especially when you have a big gift voucher.
    Incidentally these same people would buy a PC, and if didn't live up to their expectations would return it after stripping it of internal components like the GPU, harddisks etc...:eek:

Advertisement