Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cubase/USB Interface problem

Options
  • 15-12-2006 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

hi, i'm just getting started in home recording using my laptop, a tascam US-122L (USB interface) and cubase LE which came with it.

at first all was working grand, but now it seems that my tascam wont interface with cubase anymore. i play my guitar into the interface, but no sound reaches the laptop. also when i play back tracks i recorded while everything was working no sound comes back through the interface. im very confused because it was working fine a few days ago. i must have disabled the connection between the interface and the program somehow but i've no idea how this happened.

i've checked the device set up and input set ups and they say i've got the Tacam connected but it just ain't working.

i've probably just clicked something i ought not to have but i'd be interested in hearing any suggestions as to whats gone wrong. i'm not very technically minded and this is my first attempt at using cubase or any other recording program so i'm stumped for whats wrong.

Any help gladly welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Carrigsound

Ok, a couple of things to try.

If there had been a soundcard in your laptop before you put in the tascam, cubase may have reverted back to this as its default device. Open up cubase,
    go to options>audio system setup(wording may differ in cubase)what you are looking for in here is ASIO device. If this doese'nt have the name of your soundcard on it, there should be a drop down menu that allows you to change it. Hope this makes sense.

Failing that, remove both cubase and tascam software from your laptop, then reload them. This sorts out most problems.

Good luck

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 2 boutcheemichael

I've found that the US-122 won't work if the soundcard is active at the same time (does that make sense?)

Eg: If you go to VST Inputs, two options show up; for my the first is Soundmax Digital Audio and the second is US 122. Every time i load cubase i have to disable the Soundmax and enable the Tascam here.

After that, just check your inputs from your tascam and your inputs on the track you are recording to so they line up. The left input of the tascam refers to either Input 1 or Input 3.

Hope this helps,

Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭kelloggs

thanks for the advice. i reinstalled the driver for the 122 and that did the trick, most pleased.

Advertisement