Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on LG 32" LCD

Options
  • 15-12-2006 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm considering buying the following LG 32" LCD from pixmania, which comes to about 780 inc. delivery (also using a discount code). I'm just wondering if anyone has any opinions on this model. It's to use as a main TV with Sky digital and occasional gaming with an Xbox 360. I understand the contrast ratio uses electronic trickery to achieve 5000:1. I could pick up a similarly spec'd LG from Electro city but for 899. If there's a warranty problem with set it would be much easier to return it to a bricks and mortar store, but the pixmania offer looks so tempting :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

I ordered a TV from Pixmania 7 days ago.
    It was in stock and I selected the 24-48 hour delivery.
    I still have not received it, hopefully Monday.
    Pixmania were a nightmare to deal with and I probably won't buy from them again.
    Their staff were unhelpful, rude, and overly defensive (I wasn't even getting agro).
    If I could get a TV in a bricks and mortar shop for c.10% difference I think I would now, but thats just my 2 cents.

As for the 5000:1 contrast ratio that would be a dynamic ratio.
    That is the difference between the brightest point it can display and the darkest point but it would not be able to show them at the same time.
    The real contrast ratio is probably around 1000:1 for what it can show on the screen at any given time.....but it doesn't say so I couldn't be sure.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrast_ratio

Regardless of that it is still a good contrast ratio and the TV looks like a decent spec. Very good for that price IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Thanks for the reply Conar. I've dealt with Pixmania before and never had any real trouble with them - but taking that length of time to deliver is the pits if you've gone with the DHL option. I'll probably order with Komplett instead as I want the set before Xmas.

Advertisement