Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Your link doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

why are you upgrading your cooling to WC? If its for silence and not overclocking then go for a cheap WC solution. If you want it for getting better overclocks then you'll need to pay for it. A decent aircooler will get you the same temps as a watercooling system costing twice as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Even though I'm a watercooling junkie I'd have to agree with L31mr0d.

A good aircooled solution will be quiet and give almost the same temps. For decent watercooling you will need to spend some money...€200 should see a good system setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

[IMG][/IMG]OK,thanks for replys....got the picture.
    so what can i get for 200Euro ?.What im looking for:
    -quite sistem.
    -some room for overclocking.
    -easy setup,that dont needs" Bob the bilder" skils.
    Some liks would be graet.....:)

One more think-is there a chipset block,that i coud fit under gpu cooler?

asus an8-sli,amd3800@2640

What is it you want to watercool?

If just the CPU then THIS is pretty good. I've used all these components and all work well.

Have a look round Alphacool's site....have a wealth of stuff!

• Advertisement

For the bigining-cpu+nb chipset.

ricka05 wrote:
    For the bigining-cpu+nb chipset.

Looking at the pic of chipset location and the size of the vid card I reckon it might be hard to find a block thin enough to watercool the chipset.
    You will get a quieter PC by cooling the cpu and vid card TBH. What vid card have you? Maybe if you lose the huge aircooler on the vid card it could give enough room for a chipset block.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

think its a his x1950 pro or his x1950xt 512 or 256

Its a HIS ATI Radeon X1900xt ICEQ3 SILENT Heatpipe its realy ,realy quite....and chipset cooler is killing me

TBH in that case I reckon a good quality quiet air cooler for the cpu is the best option.

Most folks seem to be going for THIS for its extremely good performance vs noise.

I personally would advise spending huge amounts of money on a watercooling system....but I'm a bit odd like that :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement