Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new rig...no more upgrading now!

Options
  • 15-12-2006 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭

New rig finally finsihed

c2duo 6600
    2 xmstwinx800mhz
    8800gts
    20'lg lcd
    500 gig smasung
    zalman9500
    hiper580watt
    asusdigitalhome mobo latest version/wireless/remote control
    sonydvdrw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

nice build man :D

ya should of got a tuinq tower tho...................

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

awhir wrote:
    nice build man :D

ya should of got a tuinq tower tho...................

thats funny because ihad read mixed reviews on this zalman...
    I was buying something off gline and he said he had one,new and boxed so I went for that....all I can say is wow...my 6600 has not got past 27c! and thats with the crappy theraml paste that came with thew fan...
    which probably means i could easily clock it to 6700 speeds on air
    although I am not clocker so probably wont bother

6700 speed lol you should get it to around 3.2 stable on air !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and if ya dont know thats past e6800 speeds.

could you really clock it to 6800 speeds on air with just that zalman?
    I've seens some articles on this but they say that the conroe can start to get really hot plus at the end of the day i want the cpu to last for a good while...this is kind of a benchmark rig for me...

thats a good cooler m8.and dpends on each core but yes they do get hot but should be fine with that cooler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

hmm, thats a funny way or orientating the 9500? Is there a reason why you didn't face it blowing into the exhaust fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

What was the total price for this rig mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

My 6600 will happily clock to 3.6ghz on air. Its not 100% stable though. 3.2-3.4 is where it normally runs.

L31mr0d wrote:
    hmm, thats a funny way or orientating the 9500? Is there a reason why you didn't face it blowing into the exhaust fan?

manual for zalman 9500 showed it facing that way in rig.
    I was wondering indeed about fan direction and am no expert on it...all the inner case fans point the same way anyways.....

Total rig price 1700 euro!
    ocuk
    mobo
    hd
    cpu
    ram
    and komplett
    lcd
    gpu

anti wrote:
    My 6600 will happily clock to 3.6ghz on air. Its not 100% stable though. 3.2-3.4 is where it normally runs.

That is mental....
    What s the performance like after 3 ghz when stable?
    Are you actually getting the same perfoemance stats as a 6800 extreme at any stage?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

My 6600 is at 425x8=3.4GHz with 1.4V Vcore, 1.375V actual with Vdroop.
    Most if not all 6600 will do 3.2Ghz with easy on minimal voltage increase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

stevejazzx wrote:
    That is mental....
    What s the performance like after 3 ghz when stable?
    Are you actually getting the same perfoemance stats as a 6800 extreme at any stage?

It's better, because of the increased FSB and memory clock speed. You can play around with various setings.

Eg. 500x7=3.5Ghz...your memory then is running 1:1 at DDR2 1000MHz. This could be acheived with 1.450V Vcore with 2.2V on the memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Sweet system stevejazzx nice job on the cable routing as well that's always a messy one to deal with these days.

can i get linky to lcd you bought pls :D

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=324159

Been through 4 monitors and this is easily the best

had... nec 19...colors just weren't right
    samsung 19'....very poor monitor (imo) getting idiotic reviews on komplett
    viewsonic 19' was amazing but wasn't widescreen

games are amazing on this despite the 8ms, no input lag, no ghosting...movies are beautiful...contrst ratio really works...don't get the slightly cheaper (slightly newer version)which appears to have a slightly better spec (4ms/2000:1 contrast) I had it and didn't like...this is finally the moinitor I'm sticking with...:)

pics...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Got my new one today, seems very second rate in comparison to yours though! 6400, 600w oz psu, 2gb 667, X1950Pro....and still using my crappy 17" dell tft from 3 years ago :o

HavoK wrote:
    Got my new one today, seems very second rate in comparison to yours though! 6400, 600w oz psu, 2gb 667, X1950Pro....and still using my crappy 17" dell tft from 3 years ago :o

well that looks like a great budget rig...I hear those x1950 pros are great value, a nice monitor and you're laughing

Advertisement