Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC to hd 720p advice needed samsung hdcrttv

Options
  • 15-12-2006 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

I,M trying to connect my pc with a radeon 9700 grahics card dvi to hdmi.So far i can only get a steady picture on 640x480,if i go above that resolution the picture is moving,its unsteady.On my card,display propertys ,theres no 720 mode listed,in list all modes,just 768.The 1920x1080,picture is ok ,but its shaky,moving up slowly.The tv is samsung hdcrt 32inch 720p,1080i tv.It has no vga connector.its a 100mhz tv.Can some1 tell me what resolution and refresh rate i should be using ,i just want to play quake 4 ,call of duty etc,thats why i spent 55euro on a hdmi cable,with a dvi adaptor.picture on my xbox 360 at 720p is perfect ,steady and crystal clear,great range of tones and deep blacks,great contrast.I was expecting to be able to play pc games in 720p mode.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

I downloaded the latest radeon driver ,now pc is displayed on 720x480 mode on the tv ,no shaking or distortion.Just played hd trailer terminator 2 720,it looks great.Should i use 60, or 100mhz refresh rate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Don't know if you got it sorted or not but a lot of conflicting info there;

32" HDTV LCD or 32" HDTV CRT ?

Practically all HDTV LCD displays use a resolution of 1366x768 which is what you should be aiming for if you want 1:1 pixel mapping (native resolution).

In order to do that you will need to force a custom resolution this can be done in the ATI drivers or though a program called Powerstrip which comes with the profiles for a LCD 720p HDMI display.

Don't mess with the refresh rates if it's LCD.

If this is a HD CRT display what model number is it so I can see what Samsung say on their website about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

If this is the slimfit hd-crt, then 720p at 50Hz is the tvs output. For some reason the manual states that it's not compatible with PC linkup.:confused:

ITS HD CRT ,samsung model 32z 419d .I downloaded latest drivers,it works in 1080 ,720 mode ,ITS just the picture is moving slightly over 720, im happy with 720 mode .I,M using radeon 9700 256megram card agp at 60htz refresh rate.I tried powerstrip .When i save a custom driver,doesnt work i cant UPDATE DRIVER ,PC SAYS ,this is not a driver file.IN 720x480 mode its steady ,easy to read txt ,like using a pc monitor ,i played thru fear demo in 720 mode ,it looks great sharp precise grahics ,great color detail .i,m using hdmi/dvi adaptor.IT has component ,hdmi ,no vga connector.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

have found myself in the past that pc's like the dvi connection to go to a PC monitor best, does your pc have any other outputs that are more tv geared?
    I have HDMI/RGB Scart/Component on the pc and the picture is much more stable on my HDTV through the "tv" connections

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

COULD you tell me where i could get a graphics card with tv out/scart out or hdmi out, the ones i see on komplett all have vga/dvi.where can i get one ,besides ebay?i just have vga/dvi out, i,d like to get second card for tv use to 720p mode hd tv.Or upgrade the main card,or else get a cheap card with scart/tv out ,even it has only 128meg ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Could you not just buy a dvi/hdmi lead?

There about €30.

Connect dvi to graphics card output (or use a vga adaptor if your card only has vga)

And other end, (hdmi) to tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

"i,m using hdmi/dvi adaptor"

He is using one, but I can easily see how you missed it in his disastrously formatted post.

I have it working now in 720x1080 resolution, thru dvi/hdmi adaptor.It seems to be working perfectly ,steady sharp display beautiful colors with easily readable text ,no picture movement as in previous modes before driver was updated.
    Still i,m curious is there any shop in dublin that sells graphics cards with vga/ scart or vga/hdmi outputs for hdtvs?I have it set the graphics card at default ati 60khz refresh rate.The tv is 100htz set.Anyway for games like call of duty 3 ,quake 4 that is a good setting as i want at least 30 frames per second when playing games ,at least.Is there any 256meg card you would recommend that has hdmi output.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

i,m curious is there any shop in dublin that sells graphics cards with vga/ scart or vga/hdmi outputs for hdtvs

My card is the 7650GS, photo of back of pc attached
    HDMI on graphics card and RGB Scart on board MS-7318

Couldn't tell you where to get one in Dublin though...this is from the latest Medion PC

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

If you have an a 9700 Pro that means it is AGP and I cant think of any cards that are AGP & have HDMI ports on them. Generally only the newer PCI-e cards have HDMI outputs like this MSI 7600GT.

Performance wise if you want something better in AGP form get a 7600T you can continue to use the DVI-HDMI adapter or if you want to stick with ATI this X1950 Pro which is even faster.

There are no graphics cards that come with scart outputs though there special converters available in certain places that will turn VGA into scart.

Advertisement