Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linear transformations

Options
  • 15-12-2006 8:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭

Heya
    We were doin linear transformations there is class. If anyone is using TEXT + TESTS 5, have u noticed that in a lot of the answers in the back of the book they are missing dashed above x and y? (x', y'). Is that a mistake in the book or am I making it?...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PeterMC

as far as I remember, the answers in the back convert the answer back into normal x's and y's, as opposed to leaving them with the dashes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

they give the equation of the new line

in your Q it is hilighted by putting in a X'

a line only consists of X And Y

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Splicer

Well, no. I don't have the book with me at the moment but sometimes it asks you to get the eqn of the line in terms of x' and y' but then i get the answer, something like x' + 3y' = 5, but the end of the book says x + 3y = 5. See what I mean?

Advertisement