Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multi region dvd player

• 15-12-2006 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Can anyone over here in the USA recommend a multi region dvd player. I have all my Irish dvds and can't play them. I think I found one on Amazon, its a Toshiba sd 3990 and by all accounts its modified, but am wondering if anyone here has purchased that or any other model that will play my dvds. Want to be sure before I go and buy the thing and find it does'nt work!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Ajos

I have the Cyberhome CH300 DVD player. It costs about $30, can be hacked very easily, and it's actually pretty good quality.

I think they're discontinued, but you can still pick them up in places like Wholesale Liquidators here in NYC. I don't know about where you are.

Actually, now that I look, here it is on Amazon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Alternatively back up your Irish DVDs using DVD Shrink and your backup copies will be region free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I have this one and it works great. Most ones out there are region free these days or you can get a code/hack to remove the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tall Tom

go to videohelp.com and look up your model DVD player. You may be able to unlock your player with a simple combo of keys with your remote.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

I have had great luck with the Philip's brand DVD players. Most of them also play avi files that you download from the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I didnt even know 1 of my dvd players (cyberhome) was region free until I popped in a DVD I bought when I was last back in Galway. I got it at Walmart for $40ish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement