Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Steam tonight?

Options
  • 15-12-2006 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Anyone else experiencing problems with Steam? Up until now I've had my username and password automatically saved so that when i started Steam it would log in - but i tried to load it up tonight and it's asking me for my password again, then its not connecting, saying there's a problem with the servers, and the Steam Support web page won't load!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Yeah theres a major power outage some where in the US. People are already blaming Valve on the Counterstrike forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I see. To be honest, I'm blaming Valve too. I wanted to play some single player HL2 and I can't even load up Steam in offline mode because it's suddenly lost my account information.

When Steam first came out and people were moaning and shouting about the unjustness of it all and the fact you needed Steam to play a single player game which you legally bought and is now your property, i didn't see much to be angry about, because it worked ok for me. But if Valve don't have back-up plans to prevent a power cut somewhere in the US from crippling people's games worldwide, then yes, there is seriously something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I concur.

Although its weird that it lost your account info. Are you sure that wasn't an unrelated fck up on your part?

I'm not at home so I can't check my Steam but I'll be rightly pissed off if I can't play Dark Messiah, which I only bought yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Positive it wasn't a mistake on my part. My passwords etc are always saved. Other people in the CS forum reported that it started prompting them for their passwords too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Yeah theres a major power outage some where in the US. People are already blaming Valve on the Counterstrike forum.

hmm yeh it's not their fault at all, considering that all the websites that are hosted in california aren't down at all either????? hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The power outage is being reported in Seattle, Washington. I assume that where the servers are.

Besides just cause some site hosted in a state doesn't mean every site in that state should be down. Not everywhere gets the same weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

If God himself decided to shut down every power plant in the US I would still blame Valve for designing a system that would result in single player games around the world being unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

i have the same problem , steam should log in automatically but wil not now I cannot do so manually ........

Advertisement