Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New RUSH Album well ahead of shedule!

• 15-12-2006 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Goood news,,great music lovers...

,,,got word from Neil Peart's site =- the new RUSH album is well ahead of shedual, and is for early new year release,,,and it does indeed contain a blisttering instrumental ...but the boys do those just sooo damm gooood!....also a whisper of some insane song full of syncopated rythms with Peart soloing over the top of them!"?!?!

ahh twill be goood...always is!!

ciao' amigos...Baggio....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

So....hopefully once the release date is scheduled they'll begin arranging some tour dates as well. I'm not even dreaming of a Dublin show but hopefully a few UK dates will be announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Blistering instrumental? Insane song with syncopated rythms and Peart soloing? I'll be buying this. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Yes. Ill defo have that in my chrimbo stocking - i just hope hte drummer in my band doesnt know about this! I think this christmas we will let him out of the cellar to listen to it!

On another note... Is it me or are Pearts drum solos... starting to lose... em... Musical logic? Hes a fantastic drummer, but lately i get the impression when hes doing the solos hes saying to himself 'im neil peart... i dont need to make sense'

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

looks like an April release date.but like all Rush releases, there are normally delays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

there will be a tour announced, but a european leg is 50/50.they had planned to go back to South America and Asia this round, but the sell out UK shows fron the R30 tour might prompt them to consider a UK tour as well.
    if not, we're organising a group trip to either Toronto or Rio.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Red Ice,,,,is an interesting point,,,,,,Im not sure where else he can go tho as many drum solos are boring his always went in the direction of not knowing whats gonna happen next,,,maybe theres very little else he can conquerre?,,,if yu break it down its full of a story of all kinds of drumming from rock, to jazz to tribal to miscelanious sections so he's really trying to cover all of world drumming techniques in his solos hes a thinker eh!?
    Galway yeahh april could be a release date etc....id say theyl come back to europe again as they always did europe every tour untill the peart tragedies...so id expect uk dates for sure...will be amazed if they dont

cant wait!!!...ciao' amigos...Baggio......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Baggio wrote:
    some insane song full of syncopated rythms with Peart soloing over the top of them

That'd be worth the full price of the cd on its own. I hope they tour, but if they do, I hope it'd be after the Leaving, so then I can definately go

Advertisement