Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grr temps

• 16-12-2006 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

ok in my migrage i my x1900xt is way to high its at 73 c ideal (thats insane) am gona try refitting it tomorrow with the areo but was wondering can i reuse the the heat pads on it for the memory ???if i take it off now ?

right now my cpu is at 26c ideal which is fine and chipset is at a fecking 48c:eek: .

just to say when i put my hand into the case there is some heat in there which i did not find with my stacker.

ok so what would be the best way to take these temps down.well im guessing fans lol.the lay out i got now is 1 intake fan (Scythe S-FLEX 1200RPM Ultra)but i fell the air flow from that is getting blocked from the hdd infront of it :( and a exaust (Scythe S-FLEX 1200RPM Ultra).i have a spare Zalman ZM-F3 120mm fan beside the pc and was wondering were would be the best place to put it and should i be getting more fans :p.

grr no gaming till this is fixed :mad:

wa ya think of this omg all the expense on fans :eek: :eek: :eek: would be funny to have this :D

mirage4.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Arnt you running watercooling now ? WHynot just add the gpu and northbridge into the loop ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

na no wc ****ed it out the window(Adverts),just pissed me off if i have to do any thing with my pc i nearly all ways have to drain the wc and it just takes so log :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

73c for a X1900xt is about right with the stock cooler. I had an Accelero X2 and full load temps went down to 60ish with full load. If you are careful the RAM pads can usually be reused. I have a set of spare ones if you need them though...give me a shout.

Now watercooled and even after a few days Folding@Home the GPU hasn't gone above 40c :D Time to ramp up the clock speeds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

na i got a accelero and replaced and now at 46 ideal..
    :D:D

got some pics too while upload them l8r.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

awhir wrote:
    na i got a accelero and replaced and now at 46 ideal..
    :D:D

got some pics too while upload them l8r.

The Accelero's a great cooler...and quiet. If anyone needs one I have a spare :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

you bought that card 2nd hand right? Well maybe the original user was using a different cooelr then replaced the original to sell it then didn't apply enough TIM. If I ever buy a card 2nd hand I always reseat it before booting up just to be sure, then monitor the temps for the first day or so (good ol samurize ;)) When you removed the stock HS was there much TIM on the bottom of the HS, i've removed one before and only the corner of the HS had actually been making contact with the core :eek:

remember the golden rule: If all else fails, reseat... works for HS's, RAM, mobos... the lot, there is always some variable you haven't considered, like a transient screw, a loose ram stick, or too much/not enough TIM.

Advertisement