Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Baby!

Options
  • 16-12-2006 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Chloe Maeve was delivered 30, November 2006! Talk about exhausting, but she made it just about to full term. Two days away from her due date. A healthy 5Lbs 13ozs and 19.5 inches long. And boy does she eat!

Now who wants to put me out of my misery? Lol only messing. She has her days when she doesn't sleep and I just want to die and then theres the days when she sleeps and I am oh so happy. A touch of colic, but I'm hoping to reduce that by her diet. Anywho, never knew how fun motherhood would be and I was always jealous of you fellow posters but now, i'm grand. I know I'll be asking a billion opinions on here so watch out!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

CONGRATS!!! I've no kids, or wife, so I can't advise. But the best of luck to you both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

neoB wrote:
    She has her days when she doesn't sleep and I just want to die and then theres the days when she sleeps and I am oh so happy.

I know exactly what you mean, lol!! Huge congrats to you & your beautiful little girl - you wouldn't give them away for anything (but I'd happily swap for a day or two!)

Looking forward to your questions & enjoyxxxxx :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congraulations hope everything went well.

There are bottles that reduce the ammount of air the baby can suck into thier tummies to help reudce the effects of collic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Congrats!!!! Know exactly what you mean, I had my little boy in October and its just amazing!!!!! Gets better every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Congratulations!

Have you tried Infacol for the colic? It's magical stuff, turns all the little bubbles into big bubbles of wind that get burped up easily! You can buy it in any chemist. Give baby couple of drops before or during feed and bye bye colic.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Congratulations, neoB.

5lb 13oz... a teeny wee dinky thing... My own wee one was 8lb 2oz...a hulk in comparison! Put up some pics!

Anyways, you are right... motherhood is great :)

On the colic thing, Rhiannon was colicky when she was a newborn, but we managed to get rid of is (or at least lessen it) with Infacol. Some people also swear by Dr. Browns bottles.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want to - I know I had endless questions in the beginning!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sleepybabykz3.jpg
    http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im000609iy3.jpg
    She is such a doll, shame she is so stubborn when it is time to sleep though :/.
    I hope she gets a bit darker though, those veins are scary looking on her face :S.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Congratulations, ask any question you feel like, we'll all put on our Mrs Doubtfire hat and hopefully someone here will be able to help or point you in the right direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Aahh there you go makin' me all broody! Chloe is just an adorable little doll!

I wasn't clear from your OP if you are bottle or breast feeding? If breastfeeding and she is still colicky you could try cutting down/ out dairy from your diet. My youngest was very colicky and when i cut out dairy altogether he was a different child within 2 days. You could also tell when I'd lapsed a bit with my diet as he would have a bad day afterwards. There are also positions you can try that can reduce the amount of air swallowed.

If your are bottlefeeding then all the above suggestions are worth a try i.e infacol, Dr brown's bottles etc.

Hopefully it'll all pass soon and you'll be getting some sleep!

Advertisement