Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Whisperer

Options
  • 16-12-2006 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Friday, 6.30pm, Sky 3; Dog Whisperer;
    Hi folks,
    Anybody with Dog problems should watch this programme if possible, This guy really is brilliant. I've been watching it for a while and his techniques really can make a difference if followed through.
    Molly, my 8yr old Shepherd/doberman bitch (Strong girl) was a nightmare to walk, Suddenly pulling or crossing in front or behind me; Attacking other dogs, etc; I lead the way now and she follows, (much more enjoyable for me) Now I can walk past other dogs without her usual frenzied attempt to attack and I don't even have to raise my voice
    Anyone with a dog needs to watch this programme.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I have n't seen it but it sounds good. There is a similar programme ( I think it's still running ) on CH 4 on tuesdays called "It's me or the dog". Lots of owners of problem dogs have been helped on this programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Its a good show alright and shows, the majority of the time, that the problem is the owner and not the pet.

Ruu wrote:
    Its a good show alright and shows, the majority of the time, that the problem is the owner and not the pet.
    Very true, but to be fair most owners want to do the right thing for their dogs but simply dont know what to do or where to get information. I'm sure these two programmes have been a help.

"I rehabilitate dogs. I train people." is what he says. :) Season 1 is out on DVD at the moment I believe. You can watch some clips here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

i am just back from the states and ceser millan is very big over there i wached a full morning of the dog wisperer and it was the best dog program i have ever watched he really dose understand a dogs behavior and i thinks its funny when he is explaining a dogs movment and he dose look like a dog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wokie

There are reports about this guy and inhumane training methods!

http://pug.meetup.com/131/boards/view/viewthread?thread=2400681

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

I've watched this programme many times. As good at the training as he is, i do not agree with all his techniques. He is very rough to the extent of in my mind is been too physical. He is very impressive though.

I'm a great lover of Jan Fennell, she has a programme on Animal Planet and have written a few books on dog behaviour and training, based on the dog been part of a pack within its home environment.

If anyone gets a chance, watch Jan Fennels programme and compare it to Ceser and see and compare.

trilo wrote:

I'm a great lover of Jan Fennell.
    Same here. I read some of her books and got a great insight into dog behaviour. She teaches you how to understand your dog and thus reap the rewards. This way the dog does something because he wants to not because he has to. No force or cruelity is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

tonym wrote:
    i am just back from the states and ceser millan is very big over there i wached a full morning of the dog wisperer and it was the best dog program i have ever watched he really dose understand a dogs behavior and i thinks its funny when he is explaining a dogs movment and he dose look like a dog
    Yeah I love when he does that, really funny

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

trilo wrote:
    I've watched this programme many times. As good at the training as he is, i do not agree with all his techniques. He is very rough to the extent of in my mind is been too physical. He is very impressive though.

I'm a great lover of Jan Fennell, she has a programme on Animal Planet and have written a few books on dog behaviour and training, based on the dog been part of a pack within its home environment.

If anyone gets a chance, watch Jan Fennels programme and compare it to Ceser and see and compare.

I haven't seen Jan Fennel, Whats her programme callled?

• Advertisement

^ I think its called Dog Listener Down Under.

Advertisement