Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam - Do I have to pay to re-download

Options
  • 16-12-2006 3:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently got access to the net so i installed steam and downloaded counter strike source through it.

Long story short, my pc threw a fit so it had to be formatted.

Do i have to pay to download counter strike source again or I can simply reinstall? If so how do i do it?

All info appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

you need your orginal e-mail address and or login and your password that you used to signup to steam.

Also this should be in the CS forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fuct

If you remember your username and password then it should be in your games list...DOUBLE CLICK IT?!?!?!?!

If not..you're screwed pay for it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no your username remembers what games you've bought or installed with cd-keys so you don't have to re buy the games.

it's a genious system when it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

I've installed Steam again and logged in again with with my usual credentials but nothing shows in "My Games"!!!

Thats' crap if I have to pay again, If i bought the game on CD I'd be able to reinstall it.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

go into my games, select the game you've bought right click it and choose install

if it's asking you to buy it two of these options are available.

1) you haven't actually bought the game check with your credit card company to make sure that the transaction actually went through.

2) steam has been down the best part of 24-hours and isn't accepting buying games online at the moment due to a power cut. so i wouldn't be surprised if other things are ****ing up on them. give them an email with a copy of your credit card statement showing you paying for the game if you have (obiviously block out the credit card number and personal details).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭damiennolan

Thanks Cremo,

I had CSS installed for the past few weeks but now Steam shows no record it on my account.
    "My friends" have also been wiped!
    I "Asked a Question" via the Steam website and included the paypal transaction information.
    Hopefully thats enough.
    It might just be an issue with my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nah, they're having some serious troubles with power cuts where the servers are. Steam store, account creation and VAC are down, I wouldn't worry about it yet. Do you know anyone close to you with CSS? You can copy the files from them and just put them into your Steam folder.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

User45701 wrote:
    Also this should be in the CS forum

EVERYBODY, please stop making comments like this. As the other mods and myself have said countless of times this is the games board and we allow talk of all games and all games systems - please look at the charter!

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Nah, they're having some serious troubles with power cuts where the servers are. Steam store, account creation and VAC are down,

I thought it was maybe my net connection or something. Now all is clear.

Advertisement