Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

replacing seatbelt pretensioners

Options
  • 16-12-2006 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if you can get seatbelt pretensioners replaced apart from going to a main dealer. The car got a smack and now the airbag light is on and I've been told that the pre-tensioners went off and that is why the airbag light is on now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

Yes, you can, as long as you find someone with the right equipment. Depending on what type of car it is you may also need a new ABS module as some of them are a one shot deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

With some makes and models the seat belts will be jammed once the pretensioners have detonated/recoiled which will render them useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The seatbelts appear to be fine and work like oldernon-pretensioner types. i.e. pull them sharply and they lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What make and model is the car?

If I was you I'd get a diagnosis done on the airbag system to determine if the pretensioners have activated before you get them replaced.

Advertisement