Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh no!! What to do?

Options
  • 16-12-2006 4:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

I'm moving out in 2 weeks for the first time ever, I set up a new bank account about 8 months ago and haven't had a steady income into it yet, in fact, I haven't had more than e400 in it yet. I'm going to be starting working in the next week and will be earning more than enough to pay the rent then.

The landlord of the place wants a bank reference, employers reference and previous landlord reference. What should I do????

What exactly does a bank reference include? Will it say I've had no activity or will it just say I've no outstanding loands and have not been in debt?

I'm going to be self employed so the employers reference isn't looking likely.

I've set up a new bank account for a new business just about a week ago, which has had no activity, but I wonder could I get a reference from this and use the excuse that it's just been set up? Ahhhhh I don't know :(

I told him I was living at home so I think the landlord ref is ok.

Any suggestions or experience with this?

Cheers!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'm making a few assumptions here - firstly, explain the situation to him, that it's your first time, that you're moving from home, that you're just starting to work.

You could give him references from school/college. Basically he wants to hear from people that you're responsible. He doesn't want to hear from your family/friends, but from professional people.

Same with the bank, get them to state that it's your first account and that there's very little activity so far.

But, I wouldn't worry too much, if I was you. As long as you make the effort to give him information, and you conduct yourself properly, things should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

I was previously asked by a landlord for a bank reference. The bank had no problem giving one to me. It didn't give any details of my account, it just said that to the best of their knowledge, I was of good character. Or words to that effect.

Advertisement