Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jay-Z vs. Nobou Uematsu?

Options
  • 16-12-2006 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else heard this?
    I'm not big on rap myself, but this thing is well done.
    Nerd point of note: On one track using Cid's theme, the word "turks" comes up in the lyrics, and the guy shoved in a little finger snap....excellent.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My god that is absolutely horrid. Add that to the other numerous reasons why youtube AMVs suck. At least it wasn't another Evanescence or Linkin Park track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

I like the idea but it just didn't work... also, it's much too long and repetitive to hold my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

On a musical level it works really well I think. It's very interesting in places, and the guy who made it is clearly talented at that kind of thing.

But how Jay-Z, or 99 problems has anything to do with Weapon attacking Junon, or with Final Fantasy in general I just don't know. It just seems to be another horrid attempt to force American themes into Final Fantasy. We've all vomited at the Linkin Park mashups at this stage, and Hollywood actors are voicing US versions of FF, all the while stripping the appeal (who wants Mena Suvari voicing Aeris?) from the franchise.

I know that's really a digression, but put simply:

FF + American cultural themes = no

It's good for what it is though, and I applaud the creator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Small parts of it are acceptable, but for the most part it's just a load of noise thrown together.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Jay-Z + a few pies over Christmas = Barret

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

tbh thats just weird....

heres a better mix though using the motorcycle chase theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RBZFWgMeV0

This works pretty damn well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

That was horrible. Watch my ears bleed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭[QJ]Serideth

/me watches all the "die hard" FF7 fans cry as Jay Z has tainted their godly game. Pffft, get over it. :rolleyes:

I don't like Jay Z but this is pretty well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

/me watches all the "die hard" FF7 fans cry as Jay Z has tainted their godly game. Pffft, get over it. :rolleyes:

I don't like Jay Z but this is pretty well done.

You speak the truth, although Jay Z did nothing. It is well done but most of us have agreed that the contrast between rap and manga just hurts. And yes, we are die hard fans, which is why we're discussing this in the first place.

Advertisement