Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem weekend fixtures

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it was third playing fourth, why should Arsenal have won comfortably?

not watch the game then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

PHB wrote:
    Because of how they played in the game. Portsmouth scored two great goals, but on the whole, until the end of the match, offered little going forward. When Arsenal wanted to turn it on, they destroyed Portsmouth, but for some reason they didn't turn it on until they were 2-0 down. They should really be beating everyone bar the top two, as they can and really do have the ability, as a result, it is points dropped.

In all fairness I think Harry set out his stall just to not get hammered there and was suprised to go 2-0 up. I don't think he expected Arsenal to pick such a wierd team!

Still don't know why Adebeyor didn't start, Arsene is losing it. This current Arsenal team don't seem to have the ability to play that flowing football for a full 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Penalty to Everton, Boulharouz fouled Anichebe. Definite penalty.

Up steps Arteta.... Goal! 1-0!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

it was third playing fourth, why should Arsenal have won comfortably?

If you saw the game and saw the chances arsenal had then you will realise that they should have won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Alan Green on 5 Live going on about Mourinho's over the top reaction to Johnson's earlier "dive" (missed it myself) which may have worked against Chelsea given the crowd's reaction and subsequent peno to Everton. I can just imagine the outburst, especially as Drogba would never do that...

kinaldo wrote:
    Alan Green on 5 Live going on about Mourinho's over the top reaction to Johnson's earlier "dive" (missed it myself) which may have worked against Chelsea given the crowd's reaction and subsequent peno to Everton. I can just imagine the outburst, especially as Drogba would never do that...

Certainly wasn't a dive either, there was a push. The penalty that was given was fairly clear-cut, but Halsey had to consult his linesman I think.

José's post-match interviews should be great if they lose, he was going berserk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I thought it was a peno, but there was no way the ref coulda seen it. Mourinho went nuts, which was quite amusing.

The peno was a definate peno, without a doubt like, and the assistant gave it.

Everton deservedly lead at the break, and has been the better team. Lets hope Mourinho becomes a mute during this team talk :)

Sky analysed the first shout for a penalty at half-time and showed José indicating that Johnson had dived, whilst Moyes was telling him to watch the monitor only a few yards away. José wasn't interested and went back to his seat.

The Everton fans were rightly giving him dogs abuse. My opinion has now swung, I want United to win the league. Things like this sicken me, and I'm not a big fan of Andy Johnson at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    ...Moyes was telling him to watch the monitor only a few yards away. José wasn't interested and went back to his seat.

I was wondering what he was pointing at. That explains it. Mourinho is some tosser. I think the term ABU has now rightly become ABC

• Advertisement

1-1 Ballack screamer off the post from a free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

if chelsea win this it would be a hug boost for them.

Chelsea looking much stronger since the goal

Kalou off the post

2-1 Everton! Yobo!!!

Josés face is priceless!

2-1 Everton. Yobo header from a corner

• Advertisement

Drogba just missed a great chance to equalise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

G'wan Everton! :eek: ::o

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote:
    G'wan Everton! :eek: ::o

Mike.

Down with that sort of thing.

Shevchenko and Bridge on for Robben and Boulahrouz.

Davenport for Spurs at City and also Chelsea's goal has gone down as a Howard og.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

anywhere got it on da radio?Boulahrouz is off thank god

kinaldo wrote:
    Chelsea's goal has gone down as a Howard og.

A little bit harsh on Howard I think. He was unlucky

A little bit harsh on Howard I think. He was unlucky
    I'd be more annoyed if I was Ballack.

I'd be annoyed if I'd Howard or Ballack in my FF team! Technically it is an own-goal but common sense should prevail.

Lampard!!! Get in!!! Screamer, my FF team rejoices. Thats 5 games in a row against Everton he's scored in now.

Spurs 2-0 up, Huddlestone from 20 yards.
    Xavi6 wrote:
    You obviously don't watch City enough. Spurs have a poor away recored so they'll beat us, same as we beat Villa when they had an unbeaten home recored. Whatever the form says I go with the opposite when it comes to City. Usually works!
    Good system!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lampard's goal was absolute class.

kinaldo wrote:
    Good system!

Also referred to as the 'Southampton School of Though'. If you're going through a poor away run of form, play us. If you haven't scored in weeks, you'll hit 5 against us.

If you're top of the league we'll beat you 4-3 and if you're bottom you'll beat us 2-1. And thats just the last two weeks... :D

Have Chelsea been practising hitting posts lately or something?

Drogba hit the post:eek:

• Advertisement

ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Drogba.

NNNooooooooooooooooooo

What a ****ing hit. Epic stuff.

Utd did it for years when they were winning they league aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

how can they do that like lol, chelsea are ridiculously good at winning games in the last ten minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Feck!

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

What an outstanding team performance by Chelsea in the second half today. As was pointed out already, Man U done it for years, Chelsea never seem to know when they are beat.

Very entertaining match. Lets hope the second game is as lively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ah yes!, i made drogba my captain for my FF team this week, decided to watch the stream for the last few minutes and literally as soon as it came on drogba scored, and then froze directly after

Couple of great games from Chelsea in the last two sundays, Chelsea should have to play every Sunday.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Jesus ****ing christ, how the hell did Drogba do that? Like Lampards goal was something else (p.s. I now hate Carsley as he was at fault for the first two Chelsea goals), but jesus christ, Drobga just hit the most amazing strike ever. ****ing hell like.

Very very very pissed off with that game, Everton really coulda got some points out of it, but just gave up

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Aquos76 wrote:
    What an outstanding team performance by Chelsea in the second half today

What? No it wasnt. Two outstanding strikes but outstanding performance it was not.

Kingp35 wrote:
    What? No it wasnt. Two outstanding strikes but outstanding performance it was not.
    They sounded pretty good on the radio (performance that is).

A good team performance can be different to a good visual performance. A team working together to grind out a result might not be pretty but they are effective as a team.

Nah it was nothing special other than the three great goals, though they did hit the post twice as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Please Jose ditch the diamond, Ballack looks so much better in a 3 with wingers (superb second half)
    Sheva did well when he came on.
    Lamps and Drogs are legends!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Kingp35 wrote:

At one stage the possession was 81% to 19% in favour of Chelsea during the second half. Chelsea came out in the second half all guns blazing and within a couple of mins were level. Chelsea then controlled the game after that. To be honest Everton scored a second totally against the run of play and then Chelsea took control of the game again after that.

In this second half, they scored three excellent goals and also hit the woodwork a couple of times

So all in all I think it was an outstanding team preformance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

2-0 down at home to Spurs at half time and what does Stuart Pearce do? Takes off a striker and brings on a defender. Brilliant stuff.

Looks like your prediction worked out Kinaldo! I told ya! :D

Xavi6 wrote:
    2-0 down at home to Spurs at half time and what does Stuart Pearce do? Takes off a striker and brings on a defender. Brilliant stuff.

Looks like your prediction worked out Kinaldo! I told ya! :D
    Don't despair yet, Barton 1-2!

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Also referred to as the 'Southampton School of Though'. If you're going through a poor away run of form, play us. If you haven't scored in weeks, you'll hit 5 against us.

If you're top of the league we'll beat you 4-3 and if you're bottom you'll beat us 2-1. And thats just the last two weeks... :D
    I'll have to apply that logic to betting because the form guide never really worked for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Whats the current waiting time for goals on YouTube or the like these days? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement