Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prem weekend fixtures

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

As soon as someone ejects the DVD from their recorder, rips the goal in question and then uploads it. Couple of hours I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Quicker if they were captured online. I could probably have them up in 5 minutes if they hadn't disabled my account.

Forever blowing bubbles...

This is turning into a very exciting title race :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ronaldo is so infuriating to watch. Whats the point in United pouring players forward if Ronaldo takes a speculative wild shot every time he gets the ball....

psi wrote:
    Ronaldo is so infuriating to watch. Whats the point in United pouring players forward if Ronaldo takes a speculative wild shot every time he gets the ball....
    please not the Ronaldo debate again!

from 9 to 2 points in only a week cracking stuff! Chelsea just won't buckle and ManYoo choked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

SWEET!!
    I'd a nice double on Spurs and West Ham to win.
    That's gonna sort out my Christmas nicely :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

With 9 mins to go in the Everton-Chelsea match it looked like the lead could be 7 or 8 points.
    Instead its 2.
    I've nearly torn out all my hair.
    United were atrocious today.
    Ferdinand ,Rooney and Giggs were rubbish,Ferdinand especially.
    He was back to his old clumsy ,sloppy ways .
    West Ham always seem to play their best against United.
    I'd like to see them play like that against Chelsea for a change though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Deserved result for West Ham, United were ****e. Ronaldo was poor and you could see we had very little going forward without him playing well. Rooney was worse, as was Giggs. Saha was ok. Scholes was poor aswell. United's lack of options killed them tonight. The fact that Fergie wasn't willing to take off Saha or Rooney shows how little fate he had in Ole, hopefully with Larrsonn there will b e that ability to make that change.

Options on the bench in attack won the game for Chelsea, while options on the bench in attack for United gave us little.

Still 2 points clear, massive game now again Villa now.

Teddy magic as always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Well there ya go, Rio Ferdinand costs United the tittle for the 2nd year in row.
    Rooney was rubbish aswell today, lost count of how many times he lost the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I would love to see the stats on how many managers win their first game in charge of a new club. Seems to always happen.

'I think he (Johnson) is not fair,' said Mourinho, 'and I think if the ref gives him a yellow at that moment for the rest of the game he doesn't do it.'

Asked if he thought Johnson had dived, Mourinho replied: 'I think he should be embarrassed. A great player but too much of that (diving).'
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=199261&cc=5739

So he's now singled out both Gudjohnson and Johnson for diving (unfairly I'm told) yet Drogba, one of his favourite players, openly admits to diving and is possibly the worst culprit in the Premiership. Chelsea fans really wonder why so many people hate them?

kinaldo wrote:
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=199261&cc=5739

So he's now singled out both Gudjohnson and Johnson for diving (unfairly I'm told) yet Drogba, one of his favourite players, openly admits to diving and is possibly the worst culprit in the Premiership. Chelsea fans really wonder why so many people hate them?
    No mention of Boulharouz by Mourinho.
    The guy was lucky to stay on the pitch today,he was filthy.
    Mourinho sees the splinter in everyone elses eye but fails to see the plank in his own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Mourinho sees the splinter in everyone elses eye but fails to see the plank in his own.

So, the same as everyone else then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Mourinho's profession before soccer was psychology, he's playing mind games lad's he knows his players have done dived far more than any Everton player, but hardly expect him to come out and slate his own players.

The funny thing is it works Moyes spend most of his interview with Sky talking about Jose's comments instead of talking about how well his team played. Jose is just more intelligent than most managers, in fact I'd more than any except Matin O'Neill maybe he might be on par.

nipplenuts wrote:
    So, the same as everyone else then.
    Ahm No,not exactly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

tdv wrote:
    Well there ya go, Rio Ferdinand costs United the tittle for the 2nd year in row..

I dont like Ferdinand but how do you figure that? His player didnt score. Fair enough the man he was marking put the ball into the box but Reo-Coker wasnt marked by any of the defenders in the middle who were standing watching him, not Rio's fault others werent doign their jobs.

EDIT just watching it there, Reo-Coker runs in right between Carrick and Scholes who are both ball watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

la la la la didier drogba la la la la didier drogba... what class.

Great come back from the blues today and yes, thats why were champions. Now would someone please take that useless plank they call Khalid Boularouz out the back and shoot him please. What a waste of a good football kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Chelsea were evens last week. Unreal odds tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

iregk wrote:
    Great come back from the blues today and yes, thats why were champions. Now would someone please take that useless plank they call Khalid Boularouz out the back and shoot him please. What a waste of a good football kit.

Bring José with you while you're at it, how he managed to come out and say what he did after coming from behind to win I don't know. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

F**king digraceful decision not to award City a penalty. Malbranque clearly stood on Barton's foot and he certainly didn't dive. Apparently the ref said he thought it was a penalty but the linesman said no. What's that all about? Another phone call is required to Mr. Keith Hackett.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

evilhomer wrote:
    In all fairness I think Harry set out his stall just to not get hammered there and was suprised to go 2-0 up. I don't think he expected Arsenal to pick such a wierd team!

Still don't know why Adebeyor didn't start, Arsene is losing it. This current Arsenal team don't seem to have the ability to play that flowing football for a full 90 minutes.

I'm not sure what people expect, the team that just avoided relegation last season, that has a huge injury crisis (Ony one fit forward and three of the defence carrying knocks which, if we had the players, would have ruled them out) and is plain Arsenal away. people expect them not to go out and defend?

I watched the game and sure Arsenal sliced through the Portsmouth defence a lot, but that said, Arsenal didn't have that many clear cut chances.

James had to make three or four good saves, but i wouldn't say Arsenal battered them.

Despite what the incredibly biased commentary team seemed to think.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Bring José with you while you're at it, how he managed to come out and say what he did after coming from behind to win I don't know. Pathetic.

Why, it was true! We all know Johnson. He is strong as an ox all over the park but appears to be make of crep paper once inside the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

irish1 wrote:
    he's playing mind games lad's he knows his players have done dived far more than any Everton player, but hardly expect him to come out and slate his own players. The funny thing is it works Moyes spend most of his interview with Sky talking about Jose's comments.

You've hit the nail on the head. He does it week in week out - Mourinho courts attention/controversy and this takes away from any potential analysis of the team and any deficiencies. He goes overboard about it on purpose.

What opponents need to do is to ignore him and forget about him. Instead, they fall for it each time, hook line and sinker. Many analysts have no time for Mourinho, Giles for example. And I agree with him.

Redspider

redspider wrote:
    What opponents need to do is to ignore him and forget about him.
    How can Everton ignore his comments when every week another manager is accusing their top striker of being a diver? If they take that then it's possible the refs will be swayed by it and as a result award Everton less penalties. I think Moyes has already said something to that effect and it's a good point.

• Advertisement

I can see your point but if I was Moyes I would have talked about how well Everton played and then at the end of his interview just say "As for Jose' comments about Andy, well he didn't dive or look for a peno"

Instead of vice versa, I bet Jose is laughing at all this reaction, not a word about the game or how the pressure is on Chelsea to win the title.

Jose is smart and has shown it again, its funny the way people fall for it though.

iregk wrote:
    Why, it was true! We all know Johnson. He is strong as an ox all over the park but appears to be make of crep paper once inside the box.

Johnson didn't dive though, he was clearly pushed. Nor did he get up looking for a penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Jimboo_Jones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Cd1LONlGk

I have to say that, to me, it looks like he has no choice but to jump(dive) over the keeper.

I have to say that, to me, it looks like he has no choice but to jump(dive) over the keeper.

Or stamp on his head... :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about the game on Sunday I'm talking about in general. Mourinho said he was untrustworthy. He is 100% correct! We have heard this comment in various form from many people over the past couple of years. How many pens did he win for palace? 12 in one season or something? If he was foreign the Sun adn everyone else would have a hate campaign against him.

• Advertisement

Of course he didn't have any choice and I'm sure Jose knows that.

It was purely mind games lads, and its funny the way everyone has fallen for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I missed Sunday's English football but is that the incident Mourinho is complaining about? Johnson does his best to get a shot on goal. Mourinho's a bloody disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

How many pens did he win for palace? 12 in one season or something

I don't remember any talk about him being a diver then, maybe my memory is failing me, but this seems to be a new thing

PHB wrote:
    I don't remember any talk about him being a diver then

There was plenty of it, the thing is that he never blatantly "dives", he's a very clever player in and around the penalty area and can lure a tackle and go to ground.

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2005/05/10/ajjonsalt2.jpg

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2005/05/10/AJNew2.jpg

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2005/05/10/ACIDANDY22.jpg

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/gallery/2005/05/10/AJCordingley2.jpg

Advertisement