Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising Income

Options
  • 16-12-2006 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a site that is getting about 100 unique Irish visitors a day but have no advertising on it yet. Is it worth my while looking into it with these kind of figures, how much could i expect to make?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You're probably better off using adsense until the traffic increases

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Im expecting the unique hits to be up near the 200 mark very soon. How much could i make from adwords with this kind of traffic?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

A lot will depend on the type of visitor they are.

I've found that the less technical ones tend to click on ads more. There's a deeper discussion of earnings over here:
    http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com/google-adsense/42-how-much-do-you-earn.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

yeah, the less technical ones don't understand that by clicking on ads, they're giving you money :) If they knew that, they'd stop clicking :D

on adsense, it's generally accepted you should get a click rate of 1%. So if you have 100 hits a day, you should get at least 1 click. An average click is worth about $0.20, but can be as low as $1 or as high as about $15. (used to be higher).

so basically, to make any sort of money, you'll need more traffic or very good ad placement and keywords.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Im expecting the unique hits to be up near the 200 mark very soon. How much could i make from adwords with this kind of traffic?

Thanks
    You won't make anything from AdWords - you make money from AdSense. AdWords is for the advertiser (those advertising the product) program whereas you, the publisher, go with AdSense.
    smemon wrote:
    An average click is worth about $0.20, but can be as low as $1 or as high as about $15. (used to be higher).
    Don't you mean $0.01?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 yeshi

A rule of thumb that I use is 10% of my traffic is what I make but it does not "always" work out like that.

My advice is to get Adsense on those pages and start earning, every penny counts (sorry I mean cents).

Advertisement