Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new ide hard drive+memory

Options
  • 16-12-2006 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

want to get drive and memory today,best place?in dublin. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Why IDE and not SATA? As far as I know, IDE drives are being phased out rapidly.

I can't think of anywhere particularly cheap.

Peats - not cheap
    Maplin - crap
    ITdirect - some horrible stories about these guys

If you can wait a week for delivery you'll find the best deals from sites like Komplett and Dabs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mower

dont think my pc takes sata

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you aren't in a rush, go the online route. Komplett.ie for your hard drive and crucial.com/eu or shop4memory.com for your memory. The only place I would go for parts in Dublin would be Marx Computers.

whereabouts is marx computers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

18 Crescent Place, Dublin 3 (I think that is their most up-to-date address). I think they moved last year. 01-8531111 is their number, they'll be happy to help you out with what you need. I can't guarantee them being the cheapest but their customer service is excellent.

• Advertisement

thanks

Advertisement