Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Keeping your distance

Options
  • 16-12-2006 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see the garda car that was rear ended by not one but two other garda cars on the M1 today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Missed that but not surprised.. most Gardai think they can do what they like anyway - why should tailgating be any different.

Don't forget either guys that it's you and me that will be paying for the repairs! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Where they chasing something? (Other than their tails)

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Missed that but not surprised.. most Gardai think they can do what they like anyway - why should tailgating be any different.

Don't forget either guys that it's you and me that will be paying for the repairs! :(

Ah, dont ya just love the judgement before finding out what happened!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Kaiser2000 wrote:

Your like a broken records, whinge whinge whinge about the Garda, prob could have Garda travelling at high speeds in a line and some muppet pulled out in front oif them

Oh yeah remember when you wrote off the car that is putting everyone elses insurance up!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

As i did not see the accident happen I can only guess they were close to the M50 turn off there were two unmarked one marked, all had flashing blue lights I think they must have had a prisoner and were trying to overtake the huge queue for the M50.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Whatever they were doing they should be keeping a safe distance from the car in front. As it happened (from the OP), they rear ended another road user (one of their colleagues). Sounds like it was yet another totally avoidable incident to add to the other 2000!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Big Nelly wrote:
    Your like a broken records, whinge whinge whinge about the Garda, prob could have Garda travelling at high speeds in a line and some muppet pulled out in front oif them

Oh yeah remember when you wrote off the car that is putting everyone elses insurance up!!!!!:eek:
    Ah Nelly.. it's not a Garda thread without you here doing your bit of PR for them! They should close the Press Office and just hire you!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Ah Nelly.. it's not a Garda thread without you here doing your bit of PR for them! They should close the Press Office and just hire you!! :rolleyes:
    Nah, the Press Office wouldn't call it a crash, they'd call it an 'Unrequested Friction Surplus'.

SSD (Safe Stopping Distance) rules apply as much to members of an Garda as they do to civillians - unless they'd found some ways of bending the laws of physics.

Wouldn't be the first laws they've...*ahem*

Advertisement