Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

deleted sound

• 16-12-2006 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

i somehow deleted sound from my computer when cleaning up my c drive. there's no little icon down in the corner anymore & when i go into control panel it doesn't give me any options inside sound & volume to adjust anything, it just says there are no sound devices - even though the same sound device is connected - using earphones doesn't even work!

anyone know how i'd fix that?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 sparkicks1

theres piles of stuff you could do so heres what i would do
    most likely you deleted your drivers somehow :S anyway try get out your old disks u got with the pc see if you can reinstall the software/drivers from there

try searching for hardware changes in your device manager (right click my comp and under hardware there should be a button that says device manger)

try doing a restore (found in start programs accessories systemtools) to go back to a date when it was working

if you feel confident enough open up your pc case and see what audio card you have( if its not build into the motherboard) and take down the serial number look it up on the manufacturers website for drivers and software

if its an onboard (ie its around the place where your mouse keyboard usb and graphics card is up higher try look up your motherboards site for the drivers) if its an oem you could look up the make like on dell they have a part of their website if you just look up the model you get all the stuff u get on the disks ( not os obviously but drivers and utilities)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You should have a CD that came with the computer to reinstall the sound card driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

right click on My Computer find the device manager then locate the sound card and delete it hopefully on reboot the OS should try to reinstall itself

Advertisement