Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Options
  • 16-12-2006 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Hi I have been running this pc in problem on the motherboards integrated graphics . But then I putt a 9600xt into it and now the screen is getting purple and green dots and lines going across it.

untitledkk2.png

does anyone have any idea whats wrong with my GPU?

cheers
    chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 yeshi

Update the Video drivers and reset the BIOS to see if that helps.

Actually come to think of it. Have you disabled the onboard graphics card after you installed the new one? This can be done in the BIOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Video card drivers i would think. If that dont work then try to unclock the video card as i think it could be the way out. My friends computer used to get all that kind of stuff on his screen and he tryed everything to fix it. In the end it just stoped working, was an ati 9800pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Whats unclocking the videocard?? Did you mean underclocking it? Yeah Ive already done that. The gpu is running at near enough full speed( ican even overclock it a bit) but the memory should be running at 300M mhz( which leads me to believe that the card is infact just a 9600 and not a 9600 xt) but I can only have the mem running at 200 mhz ( this is all according to atitool by the way.) With the mem running at 200 Mhz I get little to no problem.

Yeah underclocking, i was thinking that the video card might be running at a faster speed then it should be. So underclocking it would help remove the dots, buts only if that was the problem.

Also if that dont work just do a clean install with the video card in it while installing. Check when installing your new os if the dots are on the screen. If so i would think the video card is in fact on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

The dots arnt ont he screen when I have just plugged the card into th pc. its only once the drivers are installed that I get the artifacts on the screen.

• Advertisement

What driver set number are you using ?
    I would dl lots of other drivers for the video card and hope to find one that likes your machine.

Advertisement