Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenacious D's Kyle Gass

• 16-12-2006 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why he has the nickname Rage Cage? I was hoping they would have explained it in The Pick Of Destiny, alas no.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I think it is just mashing his initioal together. KG does sound like cage. Where rage came from? Maybe because it rhymes with cage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, Im guessing the Kage bit comes from the mixture of his initials. Im also going to guess that the rage bit comes from that he might get very angry, very easily. Maybe, I dont know. Its just like where did they get Jables(Jack Black) from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I think your forgetting who gave him that nick name.. its jack black..

If it rhymes and sounds funny it works. Kage comes from KG and rage rhymes with kage! RAGE KAGE! Another example would be taking the word araknid and changing it to araknads like he did on the spiderman skit for the MTV VMA do when he say yer one who does buffy getting changed... "my arakNADS are tingling!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yeah i didnt think it had any meaning either other than the clever rhyming. They're quite fond of nick names and alternates. KG calls himself Klip Calhoun in his other band Trainwreck.

Advertisement