Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB dropping at a specific time???

Options
  • 16-12-2006 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

HI i have eircom bb, never had trouble with it for two years except the last couple of weeks it was dropping out constantly in the evening, then notice it was dropping out at exactly 4:20pm everyday? till around 8/9 o'clock. It drops and then reappears every few minutes and you would have enough time to load a page and then the line/light goes and you have to wait a few mins to get it again and it as quick as ever till a minute later it drops again which is how im posting now.

rang eicom support ,they checked the line, said it was wierd? they sent out an engineer who look at the exchange ,came to our house and checked the line again himself, and then today he changed the port at the exchange for us.

but it still dropping/ not workign at exactl 4:20 again today?? we haven't done anything differnet have nothing new on timers or what not in the house.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well for 3 months now my connection crawls along in the evenings [peak time] its perfect during the day.
    I dont lose connection or drop out but pings hit 200-500,gaming is unplayable.
    Im reading a lot of complaints about issues in the evening times with eircom and BT.

Looks like the whole network is overloaded.
    Ive logged over 30 calls to support,ive stopped as i get nowhere.
    Ive made 3 written complaints and 2 complaints over the phone.
    Ive had atleast 15 promises a tech will ring me but ive heard sweet F all.
    I would gladly switch priovider but all i can get is eircom ,BT,Imagine and Digiweb,apparently all eircom resold service,ive been advised here on boards i will suffer the same fate on either as i do now :(
    What more can i do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tedstokes168

I have my connection speed drop every weekday like clockwork at between
    7pm-11pm where my connection goes from 2mbs to .5mbs and then goes back up.

Im working in england on an aol broadband connection but still i thought you should know that it isnt unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

yeah but those are examples of the connection slowing , mine turns/on and off but still fast when its on in its intermittent period.

since when is 4.20 peak time?

anyway now the engineer changed the ports on sat and I was expected it to be fixed but it then went into its 5 mins off 1 min on period continuously :( (until i noticed it on here this morning). my bro did call on mon, and they went through the same rigrmaroll and they said they send out another engineer, what should i say to him?

if it was congestion that would be an explaination if they admitted to it, but whats changed with my connection since the beginning of december?

Advertisement