Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA off The Wrestling Channel

• 16-12-2006 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I found this bit of news of interest on PWInsider:
    The Wrestling Channel in Great Britain announced the following this afternoon...TWC regrets to inform it's viewers, that after almost 3 years of being the home to TNA Wrestling in the UK, TNA have now signed an exclusive deal with another UK network commencing on the 1st of January 2007. As disappointed as we are, we understand that this is a natural progression for a company that is growing as fast as TNA; we are happy to have been a part of their growth in the UK, and wish them all the best in the future!

Anyone have any idea what this UK network is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Bravo is the rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Bravo is the rumour.

Don't they show really old episodes of it every now and again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

No, they don't. I've never had the Wrestling Channel, but I have Bravo. UFC and TNA on the same channel, just like America. Aren't we special?!

Bravo is available to more people than the Wrestling Channel, isn't it? It's on ntl digital and Sky, right? Could be the start of TNA getting bigger over here if people find out about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Thats a fairly big loss for twc but it would be nice if bravo picked things up the same week as across the pond, hell maybe even a live ppv :D

I was just checking up on it and I saw that Bravo 2 have been showing TNA stuff recently. I don't have that channel, didn't know that

The fact that Bravo shows UFC ppvs for free could mean there's hope for them to do the same with TNA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

every so often bravo shows an hour of tna it is usually from a ppv. will twc still be aloud to show classic tna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Fozzy wrote:
    Bravo is available to more people than the Wrestling Channel, isn't it?

not much good if it gets put on Bravo 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I think bravo will get it...they occasionally have an hour of some tna show on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

yeah, i noticed weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks ago that bravo were showing it too. I was flicking around one day and was shocked to see it on bravo, cant remember if it was bravo 1 or 2 i saw it on.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    not much good if it gets put on Bravo 2

From what I understand, they already have a deal for Bravo 2, but they're getting a better deal with more shows that'll they'll put on Bravo. Just informed speculation at the moment though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

was flicking through the channels a few months back and bravo 2 was listed as showing hercules. it was actually an old TNA ppv. they showed it in three hour long segments. can't remember which ppv it was, but i do remember that it was a few months out of date.
    hopefully they will actually show the entire ppv's in one sitting from now on.
    at least we'll still have the classics. i miss sky sports airings of the early wcw shows. they stopped just short of the monday night wars era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

julep wrote:
    i miss sky sports airings of the early wcw shows. they stopped just short of the monday night wars era.

Yeah I miss those shows too. They were brilliant. It was great to get a glimpse of how popular Sting was during that time. Shame they stopped showing them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Would be cool to see TNA on Bravo as i dont have the TWC or TWC fight! as it's now called cause their showing more and more of UFC and MMA stuff nowadays. And now that they lost TNA, this could spell the end of any UK wrestling promotion getting some tv time. It's a shame too as was watching RQW in a friends and thought it a was very well done show.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Has anyone seen TNA when it was on Eurosport? They made a right pigs ear of it,dubbed UK comentary etc! :mad:

Has anyone seen TNA when it was on Eurosport? They made a right pigs ear of it,dubbed UK comentary etc! :mad:

yeah that was hillarious. i was really excited to see TNA ( i did'nt have sky at the time)but when i was watching it i was terribley dissapointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Bravo 2 is no good to me and not much better then TWC for TNA I would think. It was only a matter of time before TNA out grew the wrestling channel IMO, I just hope they get a decent deal on a channel where thees WWE kids will take notice

it could be sky sports( i can dream):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

you say that as if being on Sky Sports would be a good thing?

Advertisement