Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wiper motor

Options
  • 16-12-2006 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

Hi

would anyone know if a wiper motor off a 89 vectra would be compatible with 1 for a 00 astra?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I doubt it. Mounting points and wiring connections would most likely be different given the fact there is 11 years in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I'd doubt it given the years, surely theres a parts suppliers on the web where you can find out?, and then drop into the breakers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

thanks, just someone offered me one for nothing said id give it a try..

If you're getting it for free then its worth a look - but check it as best you can without removing your own motor as the chances are it's not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

thats an idea, ill get my girlfriends mate to do it, hes more technicaly minded than me.. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

doesn't the one on the vectra go in the corner and only turn 90 degrees, as opposed to the Astra which is in the middle and turns 180 degrees?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 90 degrees vs 180 degrees - I assume you mean the travel of the wiper arms across the screen.

Most wiper motors turn 360 degrees. Its the mechanism that turns it into the reciprocal motion.

granted, but isn't the motor and mechanism one entire unit?

No they are usually seperate, but obviously the mechanism is specific to the motor, in most cases. Simple representation here > http://auto.howstuffworks.com/wiper1.htm

rear wipers work differently to front ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement